“Seared Ahi Tuna!”

Bar Shade Grill
Ranked #35 of 59 Restaurants in Windsor Locks
Cuisines: American, Bar
Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

The seared Ahi Tuna with the seaweed salad was fantastic! Highly recommend. I also got the blackened sea scallops in a white cheesy sauce and that was also pretty good.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Storm outside so we partaked in the hotel restaurant. Happy hour was great with prime rib being served. Food was good but the service was slow. Probably due to the number of folks that stayed in due to the storm.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

I ate for dinner and the next night has an appetizer + wine.... The experience was the same.. the food was just okay yet pricy. The wine was in small glasses and expensive for a lower cost wine. So overall the gastronomic experience was not very good.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

My husband and I used to enjoy eating here. Not anymore!! After a very disappointing dinner the other night, we will not be back and unfortunately for the DoubleTree, we will also elect to stay at one of the other Hilton properties nearby in the future.

I do not normally write negative reviews....and honestly, I don't think I've had such a bad dining experience....ever. I'm not sure if they were just extremely understaffed, or if this is the new reality (there seemed to be all new management and staff in the hotel and restaurant). The service we received was terrible. Our waiter was completely unorganized, inefficient and went slinking by multiple times, purposely avoiding eye contact and then would disappear around the other side of the bar so he didn't have to walk past us again.

The "manager" (and I put that in quotes, because it seemed all he could manage was changing channels on the multiple tv's and even then he had to interrupt his waitstaff and the bartender to ask tv-related questions) was a complete joke. He walked by so many tables, multiple times...all of whom were clearly waiting....for a a waiter to appear, for drinks, for a menu, for food....and did nothing to try to help. The only person I saw busting her butt was the bartender. Too bad we couldn't find two seats together at the bar. Oh and did I mention the condescending and defensive attitude from the manager when he had to interact with us (after 30 minutes of waiting to get our drinks)? He is way out of his league and the total chaos in the restaurant reflected that.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

What a nice restaurant and great friendly staff.
I don't eat hotel food too often even though I travel a lot. Flight cancelled and staying at the double tree. Everyone is very friendly.

Nora suggested the pot roast. Oh my.....I was very delighted. It's cold and raining and it was rich and warm. Carrots potatoes and great seasoning and flavor.

Nora was such a nice and friendly waitress. It was nice to relax and have a great meal with exceptional service.

Thank you for good food and great service!

Date of visit: July 2017