“Old Fashioned Hamburger/Hot Dog Shack”

Skooters Restaurant Incorporated
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 8 January 2017

I really like this place. My wife & I stay yearly at the next door LaQuinta before an early morning departure from BDL. This was the 7th time that I have picked up take out at Skooters. Skooters reminds me of an old fashioned hamburger/hot dog shack. We do not eat fried foods much these days so Skooters is a treat. Fried food at its finest. There is a list of specials on a billboard as you first walk in, it’s easy to miss. Beware that Skooters is cash only.

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Awesome service, great food. Good atmosphere. We've been back three times and will return each time we go through. In fact we've driven here just to eat.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

We wanted to catch a quick lunch while avoiding fast food chains so I pulled into the parking lot after seeing their sign. There is no table service, order at the counter and your meal will be brought to you or opt, like we did for sitting, to sit at the counter. Most of the customers at around 11:30AM were having breakfast, but we settled on grilled cheeseburgers that were cooked on a grill apparently used for everything from French toast, to burgers and very likely liver. Our overcooked burgers included grilled onions, very good, the onions not the burgers, and were accompanied by previously frozen French fries, not so good. As they say, and who are we to disagree, you get what you pay for which in this case is by cash only.

1  Thank westie2
Reviewed 31 October 2016

The staff and regulars were a friendly bunch. We stopped for breakfast, simple and good, this is a classic diner, and very inexpensive. They had some interesting artifacts there, including a jukebox from the movie Ghost, and an autographed cartoon template from Hanna and Barbara. If your in the area (we were passing through) and are hungry, this is a great little diner.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

We stopped by to eat and couldn't believe how unfriendly and lazy the waitress was.

I know it isn't a glamorous job, but don't take it out on the patrons.

I really did enjoy the Hanna Barbera Cartoon collages.

Food was pretty good, but you have to get your own drinks, you have to order from the bar even if you are sitting at a table.. I thought I was going to have to cook my own food.

Btw, we were the only ones in the restaurant at the time (a Friday evening).

Also, not a big fan of the "cash only" policy.

Been to Skooters Restaurant Incorporated? Share your experiences!