“Get the chicken cutlet!!!”

Wethersfield Pizza House
Ranked #11 of 79 Restaurants in Wethersfield
Reviewed 27 March 2018

I live about an hour away and was looking for a place for a quick lunch. My brother works in the area and suggested I go to Wethersfield Pizza for a chicken cutlet grinder. Wow! It was sooo good. I went with the American style (lettuce, tomato, cheese and mayo) but he thinks the Italian style (marinara and cheese) is even better, which is hard to imagine. I got the smallest size (roll) and still took half home. No frills interior and cash only (ATM on site) but very friendly and welcoming owners. Next time I'm in the area, I will gladly go back!

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Wethersfield Pizza has been in town for many years. The sandwiches are large enough to be shared. I received a Gift Certificate for $100 several years ago and just found it among some papers. There was no expiration date for the gift certificate so I went there to order two grinders and a pizza. I was surprised when they gave me a hard time and would not honor it. Turned me off and I won't go back. Bad business now and they fail to realize their loss on all future purchases I might have made.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Be prepared to be greeted by Maria and Steven. You will hear them before you see them because they are somewhere behind the counter feverishly preparing all the call-in orders and feeding the eat-in customers...as soon as you walk into the place, you feel like a valued family member who they haven't seen in years.

Working long hours and never letting up, Maria and Steven are always happy to see you; not just for your business, but for your friendship. Their menu is tailor-made for the hungry and anyone short on time.

Save some time and call before you go: (860) 529-2112, 955 Silas Deane Hwy, Wethersfield, CT 06109. Don’t hesitate to ask for personal modifications your order. There is an enthusiastic “can-do” attitude at Wethersfield Pizza.

While my menu item of choice is the Chef's salad with bread, butter, and a home-mixed oil and vinegar that rock my taste buds, the sandwiches are substantially stacked in your “flavor!” I know this is a subjective opinion, but I’m sure that most of us have similar sensitivities for first-class flavors, jaw-dropping proportions notwithstanding.

The Chicken cutlet sandwich seems to steal the lime-light...great choice. It is extremely popular and patrons come from miles around to have their favorite sandwich, for lunch, or dinner. But don't limit yourself to any one selection. Google "Wethersfield Pizza" to see what they have.

If you have a minute, or two, drop in for lunch, dinner, or for good generous eating. Tell Maria that Lou sent you! Nothing beats the “word-of-mouth!”

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Work lunch. All sandwiches have huge portions. Be careful if you order a 'full'. You'll have plenty to take home!! They only take cash but they have an ATM.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 27 February 2017

I stopped here a few weeks ago and met a friend for lunch.

We each ordered the turkey grinder and while the portions were huge I wasn't a real fan of the flavor of the turkey. I usually purchase Boars Head deli products when grocery shopping and this turkey did not seem to be the same quality as Boars Head brand.

They take cash only so come prepared. Plenty of free parking in the lot, staff very friendly

Date of visit: January 2017