Hampton Inn & Suites New Haven - South - West Haven
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge(West Haven)
View Hotel
New Haven Hotel(New Haven)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewstexas roadhousenew havenfront deskroom was cleanconvenience storeroad noisewould definitely stay here againcomplimentary breakfastparking lotyale universitywafflesindoor poolgreat place to stayminute driveking suitethe breakfast areaexcellent stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My family stayed for the weekend. Upon first sight the location was nice and it’s clean and well kept. Staff was friendly. Internet was spotty. Rooms were clean and tidy but matress waa uncomfortable.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jeremy R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Haven - South - West Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi phatchat14,

Thanks for giving the Hampton Inn West Haven 4 Stars! We definitely place a strong emphasis on cleanliness and providing exceptional guest service - we are so glad you noticed! We are in the process of upgrading our internet service so when you return you will be treated to much higher speeds. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 21, 2018

Stayed here for the weekend when my daughter had a swim meet. It was perfect. the staff was lovely and very helpful. The woman at the front desk was lovely -- when we first arrived there were no rooms available yet (it was early). I explained that we had to get to a meet and I wanted to get my daughter changed. The woman called house keeping but nothing was reedy. Within 20-25 minutes a room became a available and she called me. Great customer service. Having breakfast in the morning was also very convenient. Hotel was clean and quiet. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
Jeremy R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Haven - South - West Haven, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2018

Hi bid421,

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay at the Hampton Inn West Haven! Perfect stays are the goal and we are very happy we exceeded your expectations! We will always make every effort to accommodate your needs - especially when your daughter has to be ready to win her swim meet!! Hope you return next time you have a comepetition in the area. Thank you so much for your business.

Reviewed January 31, 2018

I checked in here while in town on business and was completely shocked at the condition of the hotel. Upon check in, there was a sign on the front desk stating that the hotel was going to be without running water due to upgrading their pipes from the hours of 11am - 3pm. Because I arrived in town and was scheduled to do night shifts, I would be getting ready during the hours without running water. The gentleman checking me into the hotel expressed no apologies and offered no remedy to my situation. He also had extremely long fingernails, which grossed me out.

Also, come to find out the hours of no water was extended. When I woke up early to take a shower and get ready - I still had no running water. I was told that the work on the pipes was taking longer and that I'd be without running water closer to 7pm. Again, this is unacceptable. The hotel should have been closed. I was unable to flush the toilet, take a shower, brush my teeth, etc. Disgusting! How were the staff washing their hands, cleaning, etc?!!

In addition, the elevator lights were not working. They taped flashlights to the perimeter of the elevator for lighting. This certainly did not feel like a Hilton Hampton Inn stay.

I reached out to their manager to be compensated with points for my two days of stay without running water and was told there was nothing he could do. It was hotel maintenance that had to be done. I am very upset by this.

If in town, opt for another hotel. I'd stay far away from this place.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
3  Thank sanddollar88
Jeremy R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Haven - South - West Haven, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2018

Dear sanddollar88,

I apologize you did not enjoy your stay with us. You had called and spoken to me during your stay and said you understood and were grateful for the Hilton Honors points. We had the water shut off for 3 hours, 11am - 2pm to replace a pipe in our boiler room. A notification was placed in every guest room a day before and to all arrivals as well as posted in the elevators and at the front desk. notifying guests that this repair was unfortunate but necessary.
Again, our apologies this inconvenienced you.

Reviewed January 31, 2018

The afternoon check in staff was Awessome!

The indoor pool was a hit with the kids!

The beeakfast area was clean and the food was tastey!

The location was just right for shopping and our destination on Sunday!

The restaurant 3 steps away had great food, great atmosphere and interesting patrons!

I would enjoy complimentary all day lemon and water. Missed that terribly

All and all it was a nice stay❤️

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family

Dear D9888HKelizabethc,

Thank you for the great review! We are happy you enjoyed staying at the Hampton Inn West Haven! Hope you got in some good shopping and enjoyed the indoor pool! We will look into getting lemon water. Maybe next time you visit we will have it! See you soon.

Reviewed January 29, 2018

Had a terrific stay and everything was great, except pool should have been warmer and so should pool room. Otherwise, really great time. it was near where we wanted to be so it was convenient. they also let us check food to make sure it was kosher, which is always nice.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family

Dear T7847FRbarrys,

Thanks for the great review! We have increased the pool temperature after reading your feedback. When you return, you will be able to enjoy an even hotter indoor pool and convenient location. See you soon!