“Great thin-crust brick-oven pizza - and a great staff as well”

Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana
Ranked #23 of 201 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 31 May 2018

We ate at Frank Pepe's in West Hartford twice in the past 2 weeks. We only eat pizza
about 3x/year (trying to eat low-carb!), but when we do, we want a good one. I'm not sure why, but we'd not eaten at Frank Pepe's in W Hartford before. But, it was so good, we went twice in 2 weeks.

Both times we had a margarita pizza. The crust is real thin, but crunchy and chewy. The crushed tomato sauce is superb, and they don't load it up with cheese, for a perfect combination. The crust has just a bit of charring, and is one of the best I've ever had.

The small house salad is easily split-able and is very good.

The staff is also very good.

One caution: the pizza is VERY hot when served - as tempted as you'll be to grab a piece and start eating, let it cool for a few minutes - a burned roof-of-your-mouth is no fun!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

After years of saying we would eat there, finally did it. Great food. Quick service. Very clean. Limited menu but more than adequate. Their clam white pizza.....well words cannot capture how good it was. Being coal oven baked made the crust very crispy, a bit more than I am used to eating. Other than that, just delicious. Bonus:lots of easy parking.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here several times before and since they opened it has seemed to decline. It’s one thing to “char” the crust and quite another to burn it. We ordered 2 pies and they both came out the same. I was expecting a crust that was thin, yet had a bit of “chew”. Not tonight, downright hard and burnt. The garlic on the clam pizza seemed “old”; flavor was lacking but lot’s of clams. Salad was fine as was service, but they may be resting on their laurels a bit. Lot’s of other options in the area.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

We ordered 2 pies for take out last evening... oh my, so disappointing. We expected a true Pepe's pie - a paper thin crust that the toppings almost slide off of if you don't hold it properly. Instead, we had a thick, chewy pie that was just okay. It certainly did not meet my expectations of the authentic pies enjoyed on Wooster St. My recommendation is to pass, if you want a taste of the original Pepe pie - I think you could find better pizza places in the area. Sorry Pepe's :(

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for . Wasn't that busy though it ultimately filled up. Service was good; pizza very good; salad good. Nothing like a fresh out of the oven pizza.