“Lives up to their reputation !”
Review of Sichuan Pepper

Sichuan Pepper
Ranked #5 of 36 Restaurants in Vernon
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 1 September 2018

I heard Sichuan Pepper was authentic and delicious. That is exactly what I experienced. The staff was friendly. The food was excellent and I will return.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 5 June 2018

This is not your typical Chinese restaurant. If you like an eating adventure I would highly recommend this place. They also have your typical American-style Chinese fare for the less adventurous. I had the homemade dumplings in red chili oil and the fresh frogs cooked with pickled chili pepper. Delicious! I wish I lived nearby.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 8 January 2018

My husband, who has traveled extensively throughout China for the last 15 years, has always told me that he wished I could taste truly authentic Chinese food because he knows that I, as a lover of real true ethnic dishes, would be blown away by the true taste of China. We have visited many, many so called Chinese restaurants in the US and while some have of them have had good food, none have ever come close to the taste he craves. Until now......
As soon as you walk into this unassuming little place in a strip mall, you will know that this is not your average stir fried rice joint. The atmosphere, the customers, the staff... everything just screams of old world traditional, hand made goodness. And the smell.... OH THE SMELL!
The homemade wontons are phenomenal and the variety of eclectic food items is truly extraordinary. I would honestly eat just about anything the smiling older woman who was keeping watch over all the tables, lest there was a hint of dissatisfication, served me and I know I would enjoy it.
This place is about 45 minutes from our house, but we'll be making the trip regularly from now on.
BTW -- If you can't eat "Chinese" food without soy sauce, please go elsewhere. It's like putting ketchup on a Prime Rib -- the restaurant isn't going to offer it up cuz you don't need it!!!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 15 October 2017

What we liked about this restaurant is the selection of very unique dishes that do not appear on the average Chinese restaurant. Their seasonal vegetable selection was very interesting and we chose the loofa squash and it was delicious. The heart cabbage with Chinese mushrooms was superb, as was the chicken and cashew dish, and the asparagus lettuce. The shrimp in garlic sauce was just spicy enough and the shrimp themselves were perfectly prepared. The staff is friendly and helpful when negotiating a very large menu with unfamiliar dishes. Very exotic selections: sea cucumber, kidney, pork cheeks, beef tendon and pork intestines. Good food, authentically prepared in a very pleasant laid back environment. We will return.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 22 September 2017

We typically stop in Vernon for a bite to eat on our way to/back from NYC from/to the Boston area. Shortly after Sichuan Pepper opened we had lunch there because our "usual place" a few doors down had a long wait. Our first experience was a pleasant surprise and we continue to frequent this restaurant since we have never been disappointed. Now, we just take home food from the deli)

Put this place on your "must visit" list!!

btw, our service earlier this week was super :)

Date of visit: September 2017