“Good food , good service”

SolToro Tequila Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
SolToro Tequila Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 53 Restaurants in Uncasville
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Exit 79A and 2A
Reviewed 10 March 2018

We had dinner there and despite it being a busy time were seated almost immediately.
Service was prompt and the food was very good. Presentation of the Tacos was particularly impressive, the chimichanga I had was food enough to last all day and full of very well prepared chicken.
Only adverse point for me was that the nachos provided to go with the salsa were extremely salty.

CRG_Management23, Manager at SolToro Tequila Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Hi Dave, We are so glad that you had such a great experience with us. We hope to see you back sometime soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

I came here for my bday they have completely update the restaurant it actually looks very modern and clean, I like it better then the previous look. I ordered a Queso dip it was ok I preferred the fresh nachos with the salsa better very hot and tasty. We also ordered stuffed jalapeños which was really good. We sat at the bar and got great service wicked margarita hands the best I will come back to try something else

Hi, thanks for taking the time to review. We are so glad you had an awesome experience at the bar! Hope to see you back sometime soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

The formerly dark and somewhat gloomy interior has been renovated, and the effect is wonderful. Gone are the front grills in the entry, and the dark wood that consumed the interior of the restaurant. New paint, new lighter scaled furniture, and better lighting have transformed this space into a most welcoming space. Brightly colored chairs and light wood table tops make the space shade inviting. Love it!

The food and libations here have always been good, and consistent. Freshly made nachos, still warm, and a lovely salsa are delivered to each table. Table side guacamole is available mild, medium, and spicy, and is not to be missed. I love the fajitas, which are served with rice, beans, soft taco shells, sour cream, cheese, lettuce: everything you could want and more. The chicken taquitos are a nice appetizer. Full disclosure: I am not a huge fan of Mexican food, and eat here mainly to dine with my husband, and now to enjoy the fresh decor. He is a huge fan of Mexican food, and feels this place offers consistent and varied menu items, and he enjoys the large liquor selection. Bartenders and servers are very friendly and engaging. Margaritas are fab.

This place is definitely worth a try, even if you’re not a huge fan of this type of food. I think the decor, the waitstaff, and the Margaritas will make you a regular!

Hi, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thorough and delightful review. Thanks for having an appreciation for us even though Mexican food isn't your first choice. Hope to see you and your husband back sometime soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

We were lucky enough to grab a table and enjoy happy hour at Soltoro. Our server John was so conscientious and professional and the food was delicious. We highly recommend the taco platters.
So many different tacos to choose from and each comes with a different sauce.

Hi, We are so glad that you had such a great experience at our happy hour! We have many different specials throughout the week and weekend. Hope to see you there!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Have tried multiple times over that last 8 years. I have had a drink dumped on me, waited for main course over 1hour- being told it will be right out, delayed one entree having e other brought out cold. The menu changes often, doesn’t get better seem s they are going for easier. The service has been terrible the last 4 times.
Our last visit we were sat near 2 large groups. We gave our order quickly fingering it would get in before the groups. Didn’t matter. We were served drinks. Then no service for 20 mins, no water refill, no how are you doing. Then the groups meals started coming out. We sat. Our guacamole finally came. Then we sat. No service. Finally the waitress came by” it will be right out”. Nope 15 more minutes. No food. We gave up. Each incident we have had issue no manager comes by. Even when requested. Don’t understand why so many issues. Too bad I love the decor, great tequila options.

Hi, We regret your recent experience and we are very grateful for you taking the time to share your visit with us. Please email me at ccormier@mjrestaurants.com so I can learn more about this situation and have the opportunity to make things right.