“Fun dinner in private room”

Ballo Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ballo Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 54 Restaurants in Uncasville
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rt 2
Description: Inspired by San Galgano in the hills of Tuscany, BALLO Italian Restaurant brings to life all the majesty of an Italian cathedral coupled with exceptional service and a fresh, authentic menu of Italian favorites. To start, guests will enjoy an extensive by-the-glass wine list and specialty BALLO cocktails while sitting in a stunning environment replete with arches, stone, sensual accents and multiple private spaces. The food at BALLO adds yet another level of celebration. Owner John Tunney is committed to fresh, locally grown produce and innovative Italian staples you can eat from Noon to Midnight, "I've always loved the idea of a pantry. A place where you are watching the freshest ingredients being prepared with the least amount of touch by the best pair of hands - and delivered in an open area as if you're in someone's kitchen."
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

We were 15 and had a really nice dinner here
From the antipasti to the insalata to the mains all was quite good
Some of the pasta dishes were excellent
The fried calamari excellent
My veal chop very good
Wines & coffee also good
Excellent service
Molto buono!
Torniamo a presto

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I came in last Fri. evening. They sat us by the kitchen and we then ordered two Tanqueray and tonics-the waitress never came back. She was chatting up the couple next to us about Yoga! for 15 minutes while we were sitting there with our menus closed and had not ordered. I was going to get the Risotto special, surf 'n turf and $178 bottle of Chianti but she never came back so we got up and left! I will never return.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

We love going to Mohegan Sun, and usually head to another popular restaurant because we have become familiar with the staff. Tonight we “lived on the edge” by heading to the bar at Ballo for drinks and dinner. The food was awesome; the fresh handmade ravioli and gnocchi was great and their marinara..wow delicious! The best part is Ben the bartender! Super friendly and on point! He made a fun night even better! We definitely will be back, thanks Ben!

Reviewed 26 April 2018

My wife and I have dined here several time since this reopened, and have been pleased by the significant improvements in the quality and preparation of the food on the menu. They have added several menu items that are excellent!

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

We spent Monday night at Mohegan Sun, and went to Ballo for a late dinner. We sat at the bar and started with drinks. My boyfriend had a cocktail and I had a glass of wine, which was a fantastic pour! We didn't have an appetizer but started with the bread which was delicious. My boyfriend had the Chicken Francese which was tender and flavorful, but he would have preferred a little less of the lemon sauce. I had the Ravioli which were delicious and despite some other reviews, the portion was plenty for me. It was my boyfriend's birthday and he received a small box of complementary cannolis which we enjoyed with coffee. Our bartender was so friendly and attentive. Other staff at the bar also stopped by to check on us, as did a lady who I think was a manager. The food was very good but the service was fantastic! Thank you for a wonderful evening.... We will be back!