“Great Environment and good food”

Ballo Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ballo Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 54 Restaurants in Uncasville
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rt 2
Description: Inspired by San Galgano in the hills of Tuscany, BALLO Italian Restaurant brings to life all the majesty of an Italian cathedral coupled with exceptional service and a fresh, authentic menu of Italian favorites. To start, guests will enjoy an extensive by-the-glass wine list and specialty BALLO cocktails while sitting in a stunning environment replete with arches, stone, sensual accents and multiple private spaces. The food at BALLO adds yet another level of celebration. Owner John Tunney is committed to fresh, locally grown produce and innovative Italian staples you can eat from Noon to Midnight, "I've always loved the idea of a pantry. A place where you are watching the freshest ingredients being prepared with the least amount of touch by the best pair of hands - and delivered in an open area as if you're in someone's kitchen."
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I ate here on a Saturday night and while her bolognese was really good, I was disappointed in my dish. I order a special, halibut with Swiss shard and the dish lacked real flavor. I was expecting a thick piece of halibut but it was flat and small.

Over all we enjoyed ourselves and the drinks were good but would recommend staying away from the fish.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We chose Ballo for our Saturday night dinner on our weekend stay at Mohegan Sun. We had previously made reservations, althought it did not seem very crowded the whole time we were there, not even when we left at 8:00 p.m.

Ballo was a wise choice. Our food - black spaghetti with calamari and some kind of shrimp/pasta dish - was delicious. I loved the Casesar salad and our waiter gave me extra anchovies - yum! The glass of wine portion was quite generous but my husband's Margarita was not very alcoholic.

Nice atmosphere and friendly service.

All in all, a satisfying dinner experience.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

The restaurant is in Mohegan Sun Casino and the food is very good. Also, the service was excellent and the food came out quick. I was there during the week so I am sure it is much busier on the weekend. I had the pork and prosciutto bolognese with ricotta cheese which was very tasty. The bolognese came with crusty bread with butter & olive oil which was good. The service was attentive and the staff was friendly. I would recommend going here if you are at the casino and are looking for some good italian food.

1  Thank Tarps86
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

The drinks were very good. We shared several appetizers - fried calamari; crispy pork belly; arancini - and everything was delicious! The rustic bread was warm :) and was also yummy. Great service! Not too busy on a Sunday evening so we weren’t rushed and had a pleasant dining experience. We left stuffed!!!! Highly recommend!

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Went to celebrate our Birthdays my husband & myself.
Had the Veal Chop and Rigatoni and we both gave it 5 stars. It was awesome!
Our waitress - Casey was Super too. Very attentive.
Mike - the Manager( I believe) made our visit special with the attention he gave us.
We left with a wonderful box of mini cannoli’s in honor of our birthdays.
If your looking for a wonderful Italian Restaurant- Ballo will not disappoint!