“Great food, poor/slow service”

Fish Restaurant + Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Fish Restaurant + Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 488 Restaurants in Stamford
Price range: US$20 - US$32
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2018

We went on a Saturday night at 6:30. The restaurant was pretty empty at that time. We were seated immediately and then basically ignored. We waved down a waitress asking if we could at least order drinks and she said she would send our waitress over. Nothing. Then the hostess passed, we informed her we did not have a waitress/waiter and have not even ordered drinks. She said she would find the person. Finally, five minutes after talking to the hostess, our waitress appeared. She was very nice and got our order correct but then when she took our bill with our credit card, once again she went MIA. Something was up there. On a good note, our food was amazing. We had the brussel salad, crab quesadilla, cauliflower and a few orders of the North Atlantic bass. All delicious. The service is very important to us and should be improved.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

My second time eating at Fish was very much like my first visit there...Excellent..! I was pleasantly greeted as I walked in without a reservation and sat at the bar. Patrick was the bartender and was very courteous and quickly served me a well made Seabreeze. I ordered some appetizers which included a plate full of mussels in a curry and coconut broth that was truly delicious. I also ordered the octopus which was well presented and very tasty. Both appetizers were fairly large and by the time I finished them, I was full and did not even order an entree. Fish has a casual but chic atmosphere with a very friendly service staff. That, along with reasonable prices and great tasting food will prompt me to certainly come back again!

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I wanted fresh fish dinner , and we experienced one of the exceptional fish dinners at FISH . The restaurant is rather loud with no table cloths or candle light , but has a very nice bar . The service and food are exceptional , with generous portions. We split the roasted beet salad that was delicious without the dressing which we requested for on the side . My wife ordered the swordfish / lettuce appetizer as her main course ,and I ordered the naked salmon, with spinach and brown rice . My meal was salt free as I had requested. Delicious and FRESH ! The manager Max was very hospitable. We will diffidently return during our next visit to Stamford. ( Parking is free at street meters after 7:00pm )

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

I made an online reservation and titled the reservation “Birthday”. We were seated right on time and for a Monday night the service was a little slow. The food was great and everyone enjoyed their dinner. During dinner I reminded our waitress that it was my daughters birthday and she said ok.

After dinner the waitress brought out dessert menus and then bought out the dessert; no candles, no singing. We sung happy birthday o my daughter by ourselves.

The food was great, the service was fair, disappointed my daughter was ignored.

Reviewed 14 December 2017

This was our first time eating here and we were very impressed. Casual atmosphere, lovely bar. The food was very fresh and the crabcake was one of the best you could ever order, moist and perfect. My husbands halibut was tender and cooked perfectly