“Pit Shop on our roadtrip, yummy food and kid friendly”
Review of Athena Diner

Athena Diner
Ranked #7 of 22 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Pulled off highway to feed our hungry family. Athena diner was welcoming, great menu including robust kid selections. I had the best patty melt and my husband loved his Gyro. Kids were given hats to color with new crayons which killed some time waiting for their lunch. We will remember Athena next time we do a road trip south.

Aly G, Public Relations Manager at Athena Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Thanks for taking the time to write us such an excellent review, Kelly! We are so happy to hear your family enjoyed our food and atmosphere! We will be sure to pass your compliments onto our staff and can't wait to see you all again on your next road trip!!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

For my first visit here i had trouble deciding what to have. The menu is huge and they offer so many different options. Everything from Breakfast to dinner and then some. Ordered a chicken wrap which comes with a huge portion of fries. The burgers are good and the portions are large. Good quality, good taste, nice service. Perfect for a quick bite any time of day

Aly G, Guest Relations Manager at Athena Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Thank you so much! We are so glad you enjoyed the menu and all of our food along with the service!! Come back soon!!

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Nothing beats a diner breakfast after a New Year's night of drinking. Admittedly this was a family NYE, but I need my egg omelette with home fries and toast in the morning. Athena delivered! All the food we ordered was wonderful and we had no wait first thing in the morning of 1/1/2018. I can absolutely recommend their waffles (kid's breakfast) and eggs!

Aly G, Guest Relations Manager at Athena Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Thanks for the review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your meal! Come back soon!!

Reviewed 9 January 2018

I grew up in Fairfield and still have a ton of reasons to return. The Athena has been doing a booming business for as long as I can remember.

Most recently had the opportunity to enjoy lunch with my husband and my brother. We each ordered something different and totally enjoyed our selections. I particularly enjoyed my gyro which was served open faced on the pita with lots of fresh ingredients. Generous portion. Glad I didn't order the platter with fries.

Prices are very reasonable and staff are efficient and pleasant. The dining area has undergone some recent freshening up. A nice improvement.

Aly G, Guest Relations Manager at Athena Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We are so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your dining experience with us, and we hope to see you again the next time you're in town!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Of the diners around Fairfield, this is the best one. Can't go wrong with pancakes or an omelet. If it's busy, sometimes you might feel forgotten, but that kinda adds to the diner vibe. Check it out.

Aly G, Guest Relations Manager at Athena Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Thanks for the review James, we are so glad you enjoy the pancakes and omelets! Come back soon!