“Plantsville smells Damn Good !”
Review of Smokin' With Chris

Smokin' With Chris
Ranked #4 of 201 Restaurants in Southington
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

When we were driving into the parking lot of Smokin with Chris, and later on as we were watching people walking by on the Rails to Trails path, all I could picture is Bugs Bunny getting lured in with a carrot by Elmer Fudd.
The smell of barbeque coming from the big smoker is intoxicating.
It was a sunny afternoon and we sat outside on the patio so we could smell the meats that were on the smoker.
While I was sipping on a Stubborn Beauty IPA, I watched a waitress bring a huge tray into the restaurant kitchen piled high with ribs, brisket, sausages, and pork shoulder. It looked awesome !
I began with a Harvest Tomato soup. Garden fresh tomatoes that had a lightly smoked flavor. Sweet & Smokey. One of the best soups I've ever had. I also had the Meat Lovers Combo to taste a few of their smoked meats. 1/4 rack of spare ribs, brisket, and pulled pork served with mac & cheese and collard greens. My wife and our friend Yvonne had Burnt Ends with cucumber salad, baked beans, collard greens, and mac & cheese. All the meats were very good. The sides were ok. The collard greens had no "Soul". Collard greens need to cook longer with some smoked ham hocks. I want to hear Albert King playing the Blues in my head when I taste collards.
If your in a rush to get somewhere in Southington, don't drive by Smokin with Chris. I guarantee you won't be able to resist and you'll be late.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

This is our favorite summer time restaurant. Great patio seating. Excellent food. Can't wait for our next visit.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

A fun casual place, with great barbeque and southern style cooking. A nice bar area and special music on the weekends soft jazz and soloists. Ribs, pulled pork, greens and beans etc. The owner Chris is a great guy! The walking trail is right there so you can walk to a nice dinner or walk off your dinner. FUN!

Reviewed 1 August 2017

YUM! Delicious barbeque. Delicious sides, and kids got to draw on the paper tablecloth with crayons. Not your typical mac & cheese for kids, so if they like the box kind they might not appreciate the gourmet version.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

On a recommendation from family, four of us visited one Saturday for an early dinner and while the men investigated the outside smoker as well as the traveling smoker, gearing up for a catering event, the ladies were led to one of the many shaded (by tree or umbrella) on the really nice patio. Three of us had ribs and the fourth had the prime rib. The baby back pork ribs were very meaty in a great sauce (not sweet, sweet and not tart - just right) where the meat almost fell off the bone. Of the many choices of sides, I found the sweet potato delicious and the others liked their sides. The prime rib with a sauce of blue cheese and salsa was tasty but could have been a bit more lean. Lots of cold beer was on tap and lots of cold beverages were available to choose from - nice for a hot summer's day. Staff were friendly and efficient. From a distance on another table we saw a platter of wings - each wing huge in size. We'll have those on our next visit. I should mention that this is right next to the bike/walking path. Nice!

1  Thank Ann622