“The Standard in Southington!”

Anthony Jack's Woodfired Grill
Ranked #2 of 201 Restaurants in Southington
Price range: US$9 - US$30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A 15yr family owned and operated casually sophisticated restaurant located in the heart of downtown Southington. We pride ourselves on consistently excellent food made fresh daily, generous portions and excellent professional service at very affordable prices.
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

I guess when you compare every new restaurant in town to Anthony Jack's, it's your benchmark. I've yet to find anyplace that offers the food quality, atmosphere and value that AJ's had the last 5-10 years. There's a reason it's busy every night and the first place a go to buy a restaurant gift card for anyone local. The mid-week specials rock and I never leave disappointed. The salads, seafood, Cranberry chicken, Pot roast are just some of our favorites. Great kids menu too!

Management response:Responded 9 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time for this review :)

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

We went here for the first time to celebrate my husband's birthday. He chose it as they had prime rib on the menu. Though I liked the decor and atmosphere, the food was sub par. The prime did not appear to be prime; they replaced it with a grisly steak. My lobster crab cake was so so. My mother's merlot was acidic; they replaced that, too. The staff was very accomodating and helpful.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

We recently stopped here for lunch because of the strong reviews on Tripadvisor. My companion ordered the Pasta Alfredo dish and said while it wasn't great it was alright. I ordered the French dip and it was stunningly awful. The roll it came had already turned to mush by the time our waiter brought it from the kitchen The only way it could be eaten was to scrap the mush off and use knife and fork. The au jus that came with it was no more than dirty water. It had absolutely no taste to it. It's only redeeming value was that it was hot. MAYBE it was a one off but it was so bad we will never return.

1  Thank Avidhiker
Reviewed 22 February 2017

It can get a little loud so if you have a group of four or more, try requesting a booth. I had a steak tips special with a mushroom gravy that was very good. It needed a little salt but the potato and green beans were made perfectly. The chocolate souffle was excellent.

Management response:Responded 9 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time for this review :)

Reviewed 19 February 2017

Went on a Saturday night with a reservation. It took over 30 minutes to find a parking space. Almost missed our time. The food was good as was the service, but the parking hassle will keep us away.

Cheryl M, Owner at Anthony Jack's Woodfired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

We apologize for your difficulty in parking...on a Saturday night even the municipal lot out back tends to fill up quickly. We are working with Town on trying to improve the situation.