“Innovative food, friendly service, creative cocktails.”
Review of Ideal Tavern

Ideal Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Ideal Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 201 Restaurants in Southington
Reviewed 18 January 2018

Have visited Ideal Tavern twice this past week. The first visit was with my partner and we ate at the bar for "Taco Tuesday". Mini tacos were fresh and tasty. I particularly enjoyed the vegetable tacos. The "Haymaker" cocktail was crisp and refreshing. Over the two visits (the second one with our son) we also had the pane cotto, flatbread, brussels sprouts, truffle fries, macaroni and cheese, and steak frites. All were wonderful!

Atmosphere is casual but the decor is very well done. Service is friendly. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 29 December 2017

Ordered a fish and chips with gravy and a Jungle Crush beer. Space is small but the service is very good. Brianna took care of me and the only knock is that the serving of the fish was on the small side.

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Went here with a few friends to eat and watch a band that was performing. We started off with some nachos and some drinks. The nachos and drinks came out fairly fast considering how busy the place was. We ordered a variety of food and I did not hear one complaint about what each ordered. I had their cheeseburger topped with a fried egg. It was cooked medium just like I ordered it with some fries and it was excellent. Others ordered the fish and chips and the flatbread. All said it was very good. Ideal tavern is a nice little place for a night out The servers were friendly and right on top of things.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

From the moment we entered this gem of a restaurant it was nothing but good The servers were as professional and caring as any top New York City restaurant. You could not ask for a more pleasing and relaxing environment. And to top it off, the food was prepared and served as in a very casual and relaxing environment We enjoyed every morsel of food from the appetizer to the entrée The beer was unique and different If you are in Southington, CT believe it or not you will enjoy a very fresh well prepared meal.

1  Thank Henry L
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Stopped in recently for dinner with a friend, and wasn't disappointed. The beer and drink list was extensive, and offered a wide range of beers, etc. The mac n cheese dishes can highly recommended, and I opted for the veggie version to feel slightly better about myself. Honestly, it was good, but not great. Service was good, atmosphere was chill, if a bit dark. For a Friday didn't seem terribly busy, though we had made reservations anyway. Food didn't seem to take forever, though we had a lot to catch up on, so may not have noticed as much as some other diners. Overall, nothing terribly compelling that would bring me back soon.