“Great Lobster Roll!!”

Shad Row
Ranked #8 of 76 Restaurants in Rocky Hill
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped by Shad Row while waiting for the ferry to come back. Got a hot lobster roll and fries to go. The lobster roll comes with two sides. My order was ready in time to catch the ferry. Food was fresh and delicious. Fries were good. Everyone that works there is very friendly, wish we could have spent more time to sit and enjoy the view of the river. The food is kinda pricey, and it's cash only.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Simple menu but fun food served with a fantastic view of the river. I had the lobster melt and it was delicious. Cold local soda pop washed it down well. The clam chowder was also great. One thing I didn't like was that the restrooms were across the street in a park. Great service and a fun over all experience.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Crab burger is delish!! Great for lunch or a casual evening outside. Not a ton of seating but you can walk around by the ferry. Fact that it's BYOB is great! And cash only!!

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Po Boy sandwich, chili cheese dog, burger, and crab grilled cheese were all really good as were the onion rings, fries and sides.

Kids enjoyed watching the cars going back and forth on the ferry.

Informal and inviting atmosphere

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

During a leisurely Sunday drive we found ourselves crossing the Conn river on the ferry to Rocky Hill. On the Rocky Hill shore was Shad Row, beckoning us to stop for lunch. As the weather was perfect for being outdoors we decided to stay. We were not disappointed. The great water-side view and casual picnic table seating reminded us of eating at the beach. The menu is also casual- a bit of everything from chowder to burgers, wraps, clam rolls and salads. I chose the hot lobster roll and I must say it is one of the best I've had in a while. At $22 it was full- I mean FULL of large chunks fresh-tasting lobster and butter. I chose as my included 2 sides the onion rings and cole slaw. Both were very good. My husband's fish and chips were also very good, not greasy at all. Mint iced tea was the perfect beverage to complete our meal. Service was good- everyone pitches in. There is no alcohol served but you can BYOB. All in all a very pleasant experience!