“Solid pizza and salad”

Spartan II Pizza Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Plantsville
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

In town for just one night, we decided to get a pizza to go. The restaurant itself was pretty busy. I take that as a great sign in a small town like this. Veggie pizza and garden salad for us. Pizza was hot and fresh. Good dough/crust and loaded with toppings! Large salad goos size with some bread on the side. We were pleased for sure!

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Visited with my husband,food very tasty and restaurant.Have bern there for lunch with friends and sandwiches very large and good

Reviewed 6 June 2017

Delicious Italian food that's reasonably priced. Great happy hour with lots of locals and ice cold beer (very important). Friendly staff and owner.

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Although it was dinner time on Friday and the place was packed we still got a table in the bar right away.
The French onion soup was good. For entrees I had a chicken and sausage with broccoli raab dish over cavatelli. It was good. My companion ordered what looked to be a scallop casserole served with vegetables and mashed potatoes. When I asked why she was not eating the casserole she said it was way overcooked. I took a forkful myself and quickly spit it out. It was disgusting. When instant mashed potatoes is the best part of your meal you deserve to feel disappointed.
It was fairly obvious that this restaurant was full of regulars. I can only assume that they know which dishes to avoid.
I might try this place again but I would shy away from any dish which was easy to screw up.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

This is comfort. Comfort food. Comfort ambience. No glitz, high-end food, furniture, prices. Just good food. There are always people here. It's tucked into a tiny string of shops. Parking isn't always easy. Take a while and read the menu. You'll walk in wanting a club sandwich and cup of soup and end up with a hot meatloaf dinner with mashed potatoes and a veggie. Portions are large. Take home what you can't eat and have a great lunch the next day. Waitresses are steps away, but not in-your-face bothering you. Stop in! You won't regret it, if you're not looking for fancy, nouveau.