“Great food on the bike trail”
Review of Tavern 42

Tavern 42
Ranked #4 of 38 Restaurants in Plantsville
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Description: Located in the heart of Downtown Plantsville along the Quinnipiac river, Tavern 42's intention is to create a unique and memorable dining and drinking experience. Drawing from traditional "tavern" type fare, our menu takes a creative twist on American comfort food. As the tag line says, Tavern 42 places a special emphasis on its Burgers, Brew and BBQ.
Reviewed 21 May 2017

Located right on the bike trail. Outdoor seating. Ribs were cooked perfectly. Mac & cheese very good. Good beer selection. Located near two breweries (Witch Doctor & Kinsmen) which are also on the trail.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

We have been coming here for 6 years, we are in Ct. multiple times a year for various events and friend visits> We make sure we go to the Tavern every time we come to Ct., either as a dinner destination or a meeting up place with friends!! We spent New Years Eve at their special Celebration this year and it was awesome!!!! Food always Great!!

Reviewed 11 May 2017

This Burger Joint located next to a bike trail in Connecticut is a lay back and enjoy great eats-excellent service kind of place. The nachos are amazing and if a Reuben Sandwich was my last meal, I would ordered it from Tavern42. My friends ordered the mac and cheese platters and the wings. Everyone was very happy with their selections.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

Family members have eaten at Tavern 42 and highly recommended it. This was my first visit and I was expecting more. The burgers are very good, according to my husband and son. Found them juicy and cooked as desired. The DCDB is a favorite of my son. The size of the burgers is too much for me.( 10 oz. ) I thought the grilled chicken sandwich would be a winner, but no. Wish the 2 small chicken breasts had been marinated or seasoned in some way. They were very plain. The roll was not the correct type for this sandwich. It may have been better with a heartier roll, such as the one for the burgers. The sandwiches come with a side. Try the coleslaw. It is good. If you order fries, be prepared for a mound of fries! Way too much for one person. Our server was friendly. Brought refills of iced tea and soda without being asked. We received our meals quickly, too. We also had the garlic parmesan wings, which my family members had tried on a previous visit. They were good. Had a lot of seasoning and were crispy. Even though I will not "rush back", I will visit this restaurant again.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

Atmosphere is fun. The bar is busy. The downside of this restaurant is the parking as many cars are parked there that are eating across the street. Our waitress Effie was great! The food was good+, not fantastic. Mid-priced meals. The restaurant is quite noisy, so don't go if you want a quiet date night!

2  Thank Donna S