“Easy Rye Da”

Black Hog Brewing Co.
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Oxford
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Great atmosphere and beer. My favorite was Easy Rye Da and Ninja Ginja. Prices were responsible. Would definitely go back.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"ginja"
"ct"

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

I don't drink but I love coming to Black Hog with my family and meet with friends from time to time. There's always a food truck every week and each one is greater than the last. And they have games too like my favorite, Corn-hole. Always like playing that when I go to breweries like Black Hog Brewing Co.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Bought a Groupon to try. Great varieties offered. Love the hog lager pilsner, slightly citrus, as well as the ginga ninja,nice addition of ginger Easy rye' da was a favorite of my husband Food truck was a bonus.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

Went this past Sunday with another couple since we had a Groupon for the flight tasting. It opens at 1pm on Sunday and we arrived around that time. Only a few patrons there when we arrived and had our pick of tables. We had two groupons between the 4 of us, although I don't drink, so it was really two flights of 12 - 5oz. beers. It's cute that they serve it in a muffin tin with numbers under each glass and a description sheet for each beer. My hubby (beer snob) really liked the beer and the variety they gave in each sample. Some glasses were certainly more than 5 ounces, so you are not going to suffer for lack of content with the 12 beer tasting flight!

After about 30 minutes of arriving, the place was getting packed and the line to get beer was really long! We stayed about 2 hours and by the time we left it was so crowded you could barely move around or get out the door. Quite a popular place for the middle of nowhere, CT.

Pros: a good offer for that much variety and beer in the tasting.

Cons: this place is in the boonies for sure! It's in a warehouse-type complex so it can be hard to locate at first. It's a smaller tasting room and with the crowds that we saw, there is definitely not enough seating. People were complaining that there wasn't enough room, tables, chairs, etc. The toilet was in BAD shape! There was only one restroom for everyone. I don't quite know what happened in there, but I didn't stick around long enough to find out. I do think they need to work on getting food trucks even on Sundays as the food options are limited, and unless you really think ahead and bring your own, you will be out of luck since it's pretty isolated around there and I doubt any restaurants deliver. I don't think we'd go back mostly due to the limited space and location of the brewery.