“WOnderful building full of delicious food and fun!”

Otter Cove Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 84 Restaurants in Old Saybrook
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2016

Had not tried this place before-attractive New Englandy looking seaside feel to the building-was not too busy when we got there but the room we sat in was warm, comfy booths, gorgeous stone wall as well as handsome wood paneling--and our food was basically each plate a delight! I had huge Martha's Vineyard oysters tasting of the sea-beautiful and fresh fresh! then a great OC salad-wonderful blend of greens, cranberries, walnuts, gorgonzola, honey mustard drsg, grapes--pops in your mouth! and I had a small filet, perfectly presented, smooth creamy mashed potatoes, and perfect barely cooked asparagus--bread was also good. Husband had huge rib eye-blackened, roasted potatoes -delish- and sautéed/roasted spinach which was different and tasty. I asked for and got a great hot toddy as it was cold and drizzly, husband got some good draft--we were trilled to get such gourmet and perfect fare-and waitress was so much fun, we loved her!!

Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

We were looking for a place in Old Saybrook for lunch and found this restaurant. Normally I go to the restaurants on Main St so this was a nice change of pace! I had the fish and Chips sandwich and it was very good. The fries and cole slaw were good as well. Service was awesome! I'll definitely be going back!

Reviewed 3 March 2016

This was my second visit to Otter Cove. The service was very attentive, the facility in good condition, and the food was very good. 2nd best Fish and Chips I have ever had. My son had the soup/sandwich combo which was also delicious.

Reviewed 28 October 2015

This was a packed, crowded restaurant, often known as an indicator, that it is a popular restaurant. On our particular visit, we had a long wait for the food after we ordered. I ordered a medium rare steak on the rare side and it was medium. Another person at our table also ordered a steak that was overcooked. Our server was new and it affected our meal.

Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

Ordered the Mongolian ribs from here and they where absolutely delicious. Will definitely be back to try other items on the menu