“great quick food, nice outdoor or indoor seating. a real treat!”
Review of David's Place

David's Place
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Oakdale
Reviewed 8 July 2018

we stopped here for a late lunch and was pleasantly surprised. the food is hot and freshly made while you wait. really tasty....staff is friendly and quick. yummy food choices as well as ice cream. if you're in the area....give it a try! we loved it.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

If you have ever eaten at Scotties or Harry's place then you know the drill for the food. It's alright in a pinch, but you could easily make better at home. Service was great and the place was shockingly clean. The food is cheap so it certainly beats Wendy's or McDonalds if you are in a bind.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

The six year old couldn't eat the fries because they had a strange taste. I wasn't sure if it was old oil, fish fry oil or onion ring fry oil, or bad tasting frozen french fries. The frozen burgers and frozen hot dogs did not taste very good, and whatever you do do not order the spinach pie. The sliced yellow onions sitting under the plastic wrap were once white onions. According to the sign, they need wait people. That is an understatement. An hour later I still can't get the weird taste out of my mouth. I should have driven to Colchester.

2  Thank GrotonThames
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

This is a place that always has a group of people outside. Don’t let that turn you away. Service is fast and correct. The food is good and very affordable. Don’t pass this place up when you are in the area

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We visited the antique store across the street and just wanted a quick bite. So we pulled in and were the only two inside which was a little nice. I waitress was young and very friendly. I got a lobster roll based on Yelp reviews, and my husband got two chili dogs. The food was tasty and their french fries were really good also.

The place was immaculately clean. The bathrooms, the dining room... everything. It seems like it's a popular local spot in the summer for ice cream and fried seafood.

Cute place I would definitely go back.