“Amazing Lobster Bisque!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: not far from Mystic, CT
Reviewed 6 February 2017

Quaint and Casual waterside dining, bring a sweatshirt. The most amazing lobster bisque I've ever had! Bring your own wine, recommend stopping at Maugle Sierra Vineyards for the wine. We went twice it was so good!

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 15 January 2017

We ordered the sauteed calamari. It was so fabulous it is difficult to describe. It was hard to stop saying "Wow!" and "Ah!" long enough to swallow. Tender and perfectly sauteed with a stem of fresh rosemary, capers and lemon juice over a polenta cake. My pal had a Reuben despite my saying, "It's a fish place, order fish!" I got a bite. It was so good, with just perfect bread for the right chewiness! I had the fish taco. This was the least exciting item we had. The cole slaw is delicious. I failed to note that both entrees came with fries. I would have skipped the fries for more cole slaw.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Ford's menu is eclectic--not the typical seafood restaurant. We were all very happy with our choices. The staff was knowledgeable and welcoming and our server was outstanding. This is a seasonal spot with outdoor seating on the water.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

Really cute place, attentive staff, great lobster bisque, lobster rolls and RI clam chowder.
Abbots and Costellos are closed so its time to give Fords a try.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 29 December 2016

We went to Ford's on several recommendations - it did NOT disappoint!!! So glad we were able to get seated before the small place filled up. We'll definitely go again!

Date of visit: December 2016

Been to Ford's Lobster? Share your experiences!