“Best pizza around!”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Joey Garlic's, we are all about the food! Our mission to make all of our guests feel welcomed and to deliver only the best quality food combined with unmatched service. We are strong believers that no one should leave hungry under our roof! We offer generous portions at reasonable prices and make it a point to make all our dishes from scratch using exclusively fresh ingredients. We feature traditional Italian dishes such as pastas and brick oven pizzas and we also offer some delicious American favorites including old school grinders, fresh ground hamburgers, wings, giant milkshakes & a kid’s menu for every palate. Whether you are looking for a family dinner, a date night, or a great place to meet your friends, Joey’s is the place for you!
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Made to order. Thin delicious crust. Fresh vegetables. Superb meatballs and other traditional meats. All out together in just the right amounts. Nice clean establishment for everyone.

Allison S, Guest Relations Manager at Joey Garlic's, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thanks for the awesome review Jeff! We are so thrilled to hear you're a fan of our made to order pizzas! We always use fresh ingredients and strive for quality dishes in large portions! We can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

I'm really confused by the 4 and 5 star reviews this place received. I had been wanting to try Joey Garlic's for quite some time. A few friends of mine said it was so good, that I just absolutely had to try it. This past weekend, another friend of mine and I were in the area and decided to stop in for dinner. The place was pretty busy for a Sunday evening, so I thought that was a good sign. We were quoted a 20-25 minute wait and I think we were seated earlier than that.
I ordered the broccoli rabe and sausage pasta, while my friend ordered the penne alla vodka. We both wanted each other's dishes, so we decided that we would both order one and share. So the dishes come out and they are just like everyone has stated-ginormous. I mean, who needs that much pasta? It was like they took a pound of pasta and put it on your plate. I guess it's good if you go with the intention of saving the rest for another 2 meals. Anyway-the sausage in my dish looked pinkish. In my mind, that means it's not cooked all the way. As far as I know, it should look brown, right? We called our waitress over and she said that happened to someone else that day and that it was normal, but that she could make me another dish or take it back and cook it more if I wanted. (But why were some of the pieces brown and others not????) She also had the manager come over and talk to me. The manager tells me that it's a new kind of sausage that they have and it's just the way it cooks, they're not sure why it cooks like that. She offered to have it re-cooked or to give me sausage links instead. I opted for the links. She said it would be 5 minutes tops.
Meanwhile, I ate off of my friend's dish-the penne alla vodka. We both agreed that it was good, but that something was missing and we just couldn't put our finger on it. 5 minutes pass by, then 10, then 15, and my dish finally comes out.(Please don't tell me 5 minutes-just be honest.) I was definitely more satisfied with the links-they were definitely cooked more, but they were really not that great tasting. The whole dish was really just sub par. I had to add red pepper to give actual flavor.
I don't usually leave bad reviews and rarely do I ever send food back. In this case, I felt that my meal should have been comped or at least discounted. There was no real apology, or care even. I still gave our waitress a good tip, because none of that was her fault, at least from what I could see.
Sadly, I don't think I will return to this restaurant.

Allison S, Guest Relations Manager at Joey Garlic's, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Hi Christina-

We are terribly sorry to hear about your recent experience at Joey Garlic's. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority & we never want our guests leaving unhappy. We tried reaching out to you following your last review as well. Please contact us directly at joeygarlics@gmail.com so we can make this right. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Three friends met for dinner last week and enjoyed our evening at Joey Garlic's. Our waitress was very good: knowledgeable, friendly and patient (we were slow in deciding because we were busy talking to each other). Two of us chose the Eggplant Parmigiana, which came ith a salad. When our entrees arrived, we were shocked at the size! I ate about 1/3 of mine and took the rest home to split the next night with my husband. While it was delicious, it was much too large for one person. My friend ate about as uch as I did and took her leftovers home also. Our other frined had the Meatball Salad, but she thought it was smaller than the last time she had ordered that. It was good she said and finished all of it. Next time, I will order something different or split my order with someone else. There was no way we could have had dessert!

Allison S, Guest Relations Manager at Joey Garlic's, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Thank you so much for visiting! I am thrilled you received quality service and enjoyed your meals! We truly strive for quality food using fresh ingredients, and you will most definitely always leave with enough for lunch the next day! (Or perhaps enough to share with a friend!) We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 April 2018

My husband frequently suggests Joey Garlic's for lunch when we are out and about shopping (Sam's; Stew Leonard's) on the Berlin Turnpike; I usually counter with Plaza Azteca or Berlin Pizza, although we have tried El Pollo Guapo and a few other places on Route 15. Long story short, we ended up back at Joey Garlic's after years. We ordered an appetizer and a pizza. The meatball appetizer showed up after the pizza, which was a bit of a shock: more surprising, they were the worst meatballs I have ever had at a restaurant -- flavorless and leaden. My husband was very happy with his pizza, though. While it wasn't New Haven quality (Modern's; Sally's; Frank Pepe), he thought it was the best he had in the area, other than Frank Pepe in West Hartford. I thought the pizza was OK, but he is the pizza expert. The service was relatively attentive. The acid test: would I go back? Well, eventually, my husband will wear me down and we will go back, but it will probably be a few years from now. [P.S. The decor is quite dark and seems rather dated.]

Allison S, Guest Relations Manager at Joey Garlic's, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

I'm terribly sorry if your experience was anything less than perfect. We certainly want our guests' meals and service to be far better than okay. Perhaps what you tried didn’t quite hit the spot. We'd love the chance to welcome you back so we can point you toward some crowd favorites. Between our pizzas, pastas and sandwiches I’m confident we can find something you’ll love. If you could email us directly at joeygarlics@gmail.com we'd love the chance to make this right. We certainly don't want to go years without you joining us again!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We have been driving by for a long time so today we decided to give it a try, and we were not disappointed. We ordered two different gluten free pizzas and they were both delicious. I would say the best gluten free pizzas we have ever had in a restaurant. The place was packed, which shows that everyone had a good time. Will definitely go again.

Allison S, Guest Relations Manager at Joey Garlic's, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

We could not be more thrilled that you had such an enjoyable experience Dennis! We truly strive for quality food using fresh ingredients and are so happy to hear you are a fan of our gluten friendly pizza! We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review and thanks so much for giving us a try!