“Fresh seafood and amazing water views”
Review of Red 36

Red 36
Ranked #13 of 104 Restaurants in Mystic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2017

Our server Mary was wonderful. Starters were oyster & little necks on ice. Served with the tiniest bottle of tabasco sauce! Amazing horseradish and cocktail sauce too. Dinner was fish & chips, crunchy & flavorful. Missed the usual side dish of cole slaw. Oh well. Second dinner was Caesar salad with grilled salmon. Excellent. Fish cooked perfectly and salad was so good. .

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Service is exemplary. We went in the afternoon for a drink and were so pleased with the service we came back for happy hour aka dinner. The food is excellent. Oysters were very well presented. Best crab cakes we have had in years. Ambiance is great, who can fault looking at a sunset after a brief shower. Even the noise of the trains adds to the experience. Food quality and taste more than surpassed our expectations. Everyone from college students to older folks were having a great time! We are going back tomorrow.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Our second night in Mystic, Conn, we had dinner at Red36, a nice restaurant on the water. We were there Thursday Sept 7th, and apparently that was a night when the young people of the area go there to "hook up". This meant that there was considerable chatter among the customers, but it was not too bad. We ordered drinks and dinner. The waiter recommended that my wife have the "hanging steak" dish; I wound up having to eat that because it was too tough for her to deal with and she took my fish and chips. All in all, the venue was nice, but the food was not.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Prompt courteous service, good food and drinks and excellent service. Ask the staff how the restaurant got its name.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I would totally hang out here if I lived in the area. Lunch, dinner, the bar, sit inside, sit outside on the deck, watch sports, watch the boats, great food, nice service. What's not to like? I mean, love. Had lunch here yesterday and I told the waitress my lobster grilled cheese (with excellent fries) was a "last week of life meal." (not that I will wait for that to return) Wow. And first, the (very lightly) fried whole belly clams may have finally made me a clam fan. Never big on them. These were soft, meaty, tasty. Also tasted the clam flatbread...was like Clams Casino on flatbread. One of us loved the cod sandwich. Just be careful with the house Bloody Mary...Spicy! (and $12) Fills up quick (not surprised), but we got here around noon for Sunday lunch and had choice of many tables...when we left at 130 pm, not so much. Hard to beat for a nautical (food and scene) meal.

Been to Red 36? Share your experiences!