“The best....”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

I just ate the best lobster mac and cheese...if you love oozing cheese and a hot meal from start to finish then you have to order this. Its served in a cast iron pan do the cheese stays melted from the moment it's set on your table until the moment your all done eating. I ordered the stuffed baked lobster...lol...my bestie ordered the mac...I was disappointed I didn't order it...anyway my baked stuffed was also delish....the espresso martinis done w real expresso....mmmm....if you eat here I'm sure you won't be disappointed...I promise. Btw...if you like spooky stuff...I hear this place is also haunted.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,140)

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

This place is a MUST!!! Outstanding food, excellent wait staff. Lovely menu. The pace of the meal is perfect!!! We had lobster, steak, mussels and scallops.... all were amazing! Our waiter was outstanding ... made the evening fun. Chris was his name, I believe. A real keeper!

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

This place has convenient parking in the back, and a lovely old-fashioned interior. The food is delicious. We had the beet salad, lobster Mac ‘n cheese, New England clam chowder, shrimp risotto, salmon w green beans, and a cheese burger (off the kids menu). The clam chowder and lobster Mac ‘n cheese were especially tasty. The prices are reasonable for an upscale seafood restaurant in this area.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

A very dated colonial restaurant situated in the Mystic Seaport Connecticut Because we arrived at 3 PM the dining room was closed so we had to go the Pub as it is called which actually is more like a basement. Parking is at the rear of the building but going to the pub is very difficult if a bit senior or handicapped. Stairs are steep and scary but bannisters on both sides help. Service by the wait staff was excellent the menu was a bit difficult tointerpret and selections tended to offer a lot of spices. Lobster rolls were dry served with lobster very plain and dry certainly cold. The Cod dinner was served with a good wholesome portion of fish but almost all cold and after the third attempt we decided to just do the best we could to enjoy. It was not a good experience at all but the credits for several dishes certainly was an admission of the above by the waiter who tried very hard to overcome obvious concerns for cold food being served,

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

I believe, we were all very happy with our meals. I know my tuna appetizer & scallop entree were excellent. If I’m ever near there (even an hour away), I will definitely go back. The hostess, who was also our waitress, was extremely friendly and entertaining. She never wrote a thing down and everything was exactly as ordered. So sorry, no photos. If you’re in the area, I highly recommend DPI.