“Pricy but good ”

Chapter One Food and Drink
Reserve with OpenTable
Chapter One Food and Drink is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 107 Restaurants in Mystic
Price range: US$7 - US$50
Description: Located in historic Downtown Mystic, just steps from the drawbridge, Chapter One features 24 locally crafted drafts, signature cocktails, and a diverse wine list. Our kitchen is open daily featuring a variety of meals. Our menu offers a range of entrees including 28 Day Dry Aged Steaks, Seafood, and American cuisines. Our brunch menu is a cross between lunch and breakfast, featuring omelets, stuffed french toast, salads and burgers. As a staple in the unique Mystic nightlife, we offer different types of live entertainment. Acoustic musicians during the week, DJ’s and dancing on the weekends. We dedicate Monday nights to celebrate all of our friends in the different industries (but everyone is always welcome). DJae Melee spins every Monday night and we offer late night food and drink specials. With happy hours 7 days a week, Chapter One has something for everyone. Whether you join us for dinner, brunch or just some drinks we will surpass your expectations on an ideal experience.
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Stopped for lunch with my son today while waiting for friends to arrive in town. We had a couple beers ( good selection) and a spinach salad with scallops. Flavorful dressing with Feta, pickled shallots, and perfectly cooked hard boiled egg. A bit small and pricy but delicious nonetheless. Would go back again.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I love the food and atmosphere here and usually come on the weekends with friends however tonight was a disappointment. The DJ they had tonight was anything but. He seemed to care more about what his wife or girlfriend was doing more than the selection of music. He never smiled once and seemed a little off. I guess we will come back when there’s a different person or a band. The food and waitstaff however are always pleasant. Hopefully this place gets it right next time and gets a person who’s not so sidetracked. We love Mystic!

Reviewed 4 August 2018

Unfortunately we had a server who never wrote anything down, and got everything wrong , including our simple cocktail order. My wife gave up and just had the side salad. My meal was good, and I think we just had a bad day. The manager apologised, but we were disappointed.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I have dined here several times. It is a great place for small groups. I sometimes come alone and eat at the bar. Great Food, Great Service, Great atmosphere. Most items are a hit. Save room for delicious and very large desserts.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Service was outstanding, and the brunch did not disappoint. There's a fantastic deal on bottomless mimosas.

My brunch was more of a lunch..with the French Onion Soup and House Salad -- both were excellent. My spouse had the lobster bisque -- which was also delicious.

Had I not had plans later in the day, I would've eaten something more substantial, but overall, this was a great experience with excellent service and food. I'd come back again.