“Food tasted fresh”

Price range: US$10 - US$27
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2018

I grew up in Milford but have been living in NY for some time and wound up here because some long time friends treated me to lunch. I thought the salad choices were wonderful. My pick with panko crusted chicken and beets tasted fresh with nice crisp salad greens, and the chicken was excellent, and I enjoyed some cajun popcorn shrimp as well. It's a charming little place and our waitress made it even more so. She could see we were friends that hadn't seen each other in a while and she was friendly and attentive and didn't make us feel rushed in any way as we obviously wanted to take our time. She was very pleasant and down to earth and really added to the charm of the place. I had a Belvedere martini that was wonderful and tried the cucumber mule as well. Prices on the menu were reasonable. I would happily go back.

2  Thank Tina257

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Rainbow Gardens has been in Milford a very long time. I hadn't been there since they moved to on the Green. We decided to try it for lunch on a cold winter day, wanting a nice bowl of soup. I got the chicken noodle soup, which had real chicken in it, but holy cow, the soup was SALTY. Hubby ordered the turkey BLT that he said was just fair. Service was extremely slow.

2  Thank Michele G
Reviewed 8 December 2017

We have eaten many times here and usually it has been good. Service is friendly and efficient. However, today we both had very mediocre lunches. I had the shrimp salad over a Caesar salad. It was very salty and I am still belching up the flavors two hours later. Too much mayo perhaps. The portion size was way too large. Half as much and half the price would have still not been good for me. My wife had the bean burger which was mushy and tasteless. Probably won't go back.

3  Thank arie1951
Reviewed 25 October 2017

Excellent!
Lovely old Victorian transformed into a restaurant. Wonderful aroma of home baked goodies. Good service, good food, Excellent home baked goodies.
Highly recommended!

1  Thank kdlovessailing
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I went with a friend for dinner during restaurant week. They sold out of the red wine option and one of the entree options by 7pm and had no substitutions. The white wine we decided on was cheap and awful-we couldn't drink it. The apps and entrees were average and not worth the money. I love going to restaurant week because it allows you to try different foods at nice restaurants and at a good price- however, this was very disappointing. The waitress was very inattentive and we had to wait a while even though the restaurant wasn't busy. Won't be coming back.

1  Thank Melissa T
John P, Owner at Rainbow Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Melissa
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We were absolutely slammed on Friday and again at 5:00 on Saturday prior to your visit. We did sell out of the Red wine at $15 per bottle and the Short Rib pasta and again we apologize. I agree with you about Restaurant week and the ability to try different places so I understand your disappointment. If you want to contact me directly thru the website, I'd like to make amends with a gift card.

Been to Rainbow Gardens? Share your experiences!