“NIce Quick Bite!”

Neon Deli & Market
Ranked #88 of 167 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 14 December 2015

I was visiting my niece and we decided to grab a quick meal. This was a great place for that . They have a nice selection of sandwiches, soups and other items that you can order. The cashier, which I think is the owner, was very friendly. I loved my Butternut squash and apple soup which I have never had before. It was delicious! They also have a nice sitting area outside and the weather was perfect for that.

Date of visit: December 2015

Reviewed 8 July 2015

Found this New York Style Deli & Market while driving through Middletown yesterday. Great little Mom & Pop style place. They have very few inside tables so we opted for the outdoor seating. Both of us had lobster rolls, one cold, one hot. The rolls (not hot dog rolls) were wonderful, fresh and stuffed with pieces of lobster meat (not shredded to bits). We were happy to find that they also had Birch Beer. Everything in this little market looked yummy - they even have dill pickles in a barrel. I can't wait to go some morning for their 3 egg breakfast sandwich - and yes I said three eggs !!! The prices were very reasonable. The lobster rolls were less than $8 each and those breakfast sandwiches that were advertised - I believe were $4. I'd go back again tomorrow if I lived closer.

Date of visit: July 2015
1  Thank Sally S
Reviewed 22 April 2015

We have been going to Neon Deli for a few years now. We stumbled upon it accidentally in the Wesleyan area and have been going there ever since. The sandwiches are big and meaty! You won't be disappointed! I typically order a BLT or steak and cheese while my husband typically orders the buffalo chicken sandwich or the lobster roll. Expect to wait a little while because there is usually a line since it is a popular place. The owners are usually there and are very friendly to the customers! It is worth giving this place a try!

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed 22 April 2013

The employee's taking our orders were great. The owner who was making the food, thought schmoozing with people way more important than the 8 or so waiting online, makes for better business success than taking making sandwiches. Its a shame because the food is excellent. Vowed to never go back again.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

I visited Cynthia and Fran at the Neon Deli today. Full disclosure, they're friends of a family member, but I'd never been to their place and was in Middletown so I definitely needed to visit.
I beat the rush, getting there at 11:30. I can only imagine that there's a great demand on this "real food" deli around lunchtime, as its adjacent to Wesleyan University. I knew that Fran has a Philadelphia connection, and was in the mood for a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich.

On entering the deli, one is greeted with the aroma of food, spices, and everything good. Cynthia was cooking eggs & bacon on the griddle, which almost made me change my mind, but I was fixated on a "real" Philly cheese steak. The help (not Cynthia or Fran) were friendly, helpful, and efficient. I chatted it up with Cynthia while Fran was disucssing worldly subjects ith two other customers. The cheese steak was prepared quickly and perfectly, as I eyed the pickel barrel. Finely chopped meat, melted cheese, and just the right amount of peppers and onions. It really hit the spot, and I cannot wait to go back!

Date of visit: January 2013