Strangers Home
US$67
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Lifehouse Hotel & Spa(Thorpe le Soken)
US$171
US$70
US$64
The Crown Hotel(Manningtree)
Agoda.com
The Court House(Great Bromley)
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnew ownersthe publovely placegreat sunday lunchlovely surpriseselection of beersfamily and friendsbaguettepuddingwarm welcometoilet and shower blockmanners cost nothinggreat facilitiesfieldscruffyatmosphereroast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Mum and I needed somewhere for a quick but substantial bite before going to see a play at the local village hall. We dropped by and received such a warm welcome, two open fires, a blackboard menu bought to the table. And great vegetarian options with a bonus of veg gravy! Would highly recommend for any occasion whether a quiet meal or a a more animated evening. Thankyou and see you soon!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Mollie R
Reviewed January 24, 2018 via mobile

Situated on the cross roads at the village church, With a large car park, at the back an off road play ground for the children, and the seasonal touring caravan site beyond, with its hard roads, hedged standings and hookups.
The new owners have completely re-vamped the interior with a bright tasteful furnishings, the restaurant has a full bar for those who would just like a drink.
Its family run with the landlord at the bar, wife and daughter in the kitchen and daughters waiting.
Service is quick with a selection of meats, piping hot and plenty of it, with a good selection of deserts for the big eaters.
I recommend booking as while I was there two families were turned away as thy were full, that I think speaks for it's self.
I fully recommend you to try this venue, on any day.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Howard W
Reviewed January 4, 2018 via mobile

We stopped off for lunch after a walk around Wrabness woods (recommended). We needed to eat so I thought we would try out the Strangers. We found it pleasantly decorated inside and the staff helpful. They have a couple of guest ales on pump and a bar food menu. I had ham egg and chips and my wife had steak pie all at a sensible price. We were both very happy with everything.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nick B
Reviewed December 22, 2017

We went to wrabness burial ground and stopped for lunch driving home. What a lovely surprise. A year ago we went in and it was dim scruffy and music blaring from the TV. Then we saw it closed and was boarded up. NOW! What a transformation! It is now clean and bright with two log burners Christmas decorations and a warm welcome. My husband had steak and kidney pudding and I had the chicken ham and leek pie. Both delicious. Puddings looked great but had no room! Highly Recommended.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2017

Popped in for lunch on the way back home from Harwich Hospital. Beautiful, tasteful Christmas decorations, warm cosy atmosphere and a great welcome.The dining room was full of walkers having lunch and the place was alive.
We had a very good lunch and in the process met all of the family for a chat. They have turned this establishment around since taking over in the Spring.
It is an excellent hostelry and well worth a visit.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family