“Excellent Prime Rib”

Chowder Pot IV
Ranked #17 of 484 Restaurants in Hartford
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2017

Can't say enough about the prime rib!!!!!!! We went two nights in a row! Excellent service both nights.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 22 June 2017

We had seafood platter. Shrimp, scallops,fish , calamari, fried. We also shared a scallops platter. Next time we may order broiled. 2 veggies with each order. The best bread loaf.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Terrific sea food, great cocktails, plenty of parking, right off I-91.
Outstanding menu selection. Lobster is plentiful.

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped here by chance on the way to Martha's Vineyard. Had a great supper. The Ritz cracker stuffed shrimp was excellent. Service was good as well. And of course you have to try the chowder.

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have visited Chowder on braniard road, Hartford several times in the past 4 years. In a recent visit we decided to have a drink at the bar and order take out. I ordered fish and shrimp platter, my husband ordered fish and scallops. After a 10 minuet drive home , I open our take out containers to find extremely over cooked fries to the the point that they were dark brown, the fish was under cooked and shrimp was tasteless, my husband received 1 piece of undercooked fish, and 3 scallops and small container of zucchini. For 60.00 and a tip. Sad to say it was just inedible, so we discarded the entire meal to the garbage. I am appalled, not to mentioned at a previous outing we had lunch there and the meal was terrible as well, but we decided to give them another try.. It is unfortunate that this establishment services and quality of food has fallen so low. I can say with complete and utter disappointment we will never go back. After throwing 60.00 in the garbage we can definitely do better elsewhere

1  Thank Sunshine717912