All reviews mini fridge new haven great hotel keurig motel wifi tile diner pillows yale ct
Reviewed 4 November 2018

Arrived to a nicely appointed, stylish, newly renovated room with the amenities I needed (love the bath products as well). Everything (and I mean everything...I always check the room carefully when I first check in) was immaculate and clean, brand new, and very spacious. The owner put a lot of care and thought into creating comfortable accommodations. From the inside, you would never know that this was formerly a motel-style property. Great value for the money and much nicer than anything I would have found in downtown New Haven and exactly 12 minutes up the road! The owner and innkeeper were accommodating to my late-ish arrival and request to add a night as well, very easy to communicate with.

Room tip: Some noise from passing traffic, but running the fan from the a/c drowned it out. Rooms toward the back are probably quieter.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2018

We have stayed at Carriage House about five times, and the lovely room and friendly owner/management keep us coming back. Rinal (the owner) is a lovely lady, and we feel like we are speaking to a lifelong friend when we make a reservation. Bob, the desk clerk, is a fine fellow and a warm greeter. The rooms are spotless. The bedding is fresh and crisp, the bed is extremely comfortable, and the room fridge is very cold (I know...sounds silly...I like to use the fridge).
While Rinal renovates the rest of this 1950's motel, don't let the exterior fool you. The rooms are cool, clean, and beautiful.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

We had to come in later than we’d expected, so I called ahead. The lady on the phone was very pleasant, and when we were even more late, sent a text to make sure we were ok. When we finally arrived very late at night, a gentleman greeted us & got us checked in. We left the next morning, and the staff was cheerful—same gentleman, and a couple of ladies. They invited us to stay inside rather than out in the cold while we waited for our pick-up.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Travielo
Reviewed 23 October 2018

This is a clean and updated motel. It is a traditional motel with the entrance to each room facing the parking lot. I had a second floor room which was really nicely appointed with microwave, fridge, soaps, shampoo and hairdryer. I would have given a higher rating, but the pillows aren't terribly comfortable and the highway noise is significant.

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Our room was beautifully decorated and so comfortable. Clean, updated, and lots of extras like a Keurig, fridge, microwave, and no carpeting
Renal and Michele were so kind and helpful.
Great stay and very good value.

Date of stay: September 2018