All reviews mini fridge new haven great hotel keurig motel wifi tile diner pillows yale ct
Reviewed 26 October 2018

We have stayed at Carriage House about five times, and the lovely room and friendly owner/management keep us coming back. Rinal (the owner) is a lovely lady, and we feel like we are speaking to a lifelong friend when we make a reservation. Bob, the desk clerk, is a fine fellow and a warm greeter. The rooms are spotless. The bedding is fresh and crisp, the bed is extremely comfortable, and the room fridge is very cold (I know...sounds silly...I like to use the fridge).
While Rinal renovates the rest of this 1950's motel, don't let the exterior fool you. The rooms are cool, clean, and beautiful.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

We had to come in later than we’d expected, so I called ahead. The lady on the phone was very pleasant, and when we were even more late, sent a text to make sure we were ok. When we finally arrived very late at night, a gentleman greeted us & got us checked in. We left the next morning, and the staff was cheerful—same gentleman, and a couple of ladies. They invited us to stay inside rather than out in the cold while we waited for our pick-up.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Travielo
Reviewed 23 October 2018

This is a clean and updated motel. It is a traditional motel with the entrance to each room facing the parking lot. I had a second floor room which was really nicely appointed with microwave, fridge, soaps, shampoo and hairdryer. I would have given a higher rating, but the pillows aren't terribly comfortable and the highway noise is significant.

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Our room was beautifully decorated and so comfortable. Clean, updated, and lots of extras like a Keurig, fridge, microwave, and no carpeting
Renal and Michele were so kind and helpful.
Great stay and very good value.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Please, please do yourself a favor and experience the incredible warmth and hospitality of The Carriage House. From the outside it may look like just another motel, but the innkeeper is the friendliest and hardest working host I have ever encountered in a lifetime of travel. When my wife and I reserved a room, our highest priority was convenience to Yale. The carriage house met our criteria for price and value, but we were a little put off when we drove up and saw a clean, modern, but definitely "motelish" exterior. Our concerns were soon overcome as we met our hostess and saw our over-sized and nicely appointed room. The owner manager makes herself available to her guests 24 hours a day and seven days a week: always ready to go the extra mile to make your stay exceptional. I will never stay anywhere else in the New Haven area again.

Room tip: Upstairs rooms are oversized with an exceptionally high "A-Frame" ceilint
Date of stay: June 2018