All reviews mini fridge new haven great hotel keurig motel wifi tile diner pillows yale ct
Reviewed 3 September 2018

The "excellent" rating isn't good enough for this place. Everything in the room was perfect and modern. But the best was the service: I had a tricky checkin/arrival problem which they solved after a single phone call, and the front desk was waiting and prepared with everything I needed. Everyone I dealt with was unfailingly helpful, polite, and friendly. And on top of everything else the price is right. I'd be surprised if there was a better choice within 50 miles.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Larrydberg
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

We were very happy with our stay. Warm friendly staff, clean room with modern fun style. We will stay again!! Close to restaurants, shopping and Yale Campus. Owner was helpful with directions. The beds were comfortable and we slept well.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Ellen C
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

All round I had a very pleasant stay. It was comfortable, clean and the service was brilliant.

Stayed on the top floor and despite being located next to a busy main road I didn't hear a thing and slept very well.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Julian W
Reviewed 12 July 2018

Pros-trendy decor and convenient to New Haven for a school event. There is also a diner across the street if you need food.

Cons: As other reviews have mentioned, when you pull up you realize this inn is really a motel/with long-term apartment- style rentals as well as motel rooms, so there were people hanging around outside the motel. The location is convenient but it is on a busy street and light and noise come in under the room door which leads right to the outside.
FULL SIZED-NOT QUEEN BEDS in room so for two adult people it is not comfortable.
When I was there, they had no wifi going which was a big problem for our group.

Room tip: II would choose a king room and see if they have any away from the parking lot off the busy road.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank 2BATravelMug
Carriage H, Owner at Carriage House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Thank you for your feedback, it is truly appreciated. We are happy the carriage house was a convenient location for you during your stay. We are sorry to hear we were unable to deliver to your satisfaction on the essentials of a hotel stay. The carriage house is marketed as an outside corridor motel, operating as a dual business--historically, it has provided an extended stay option with its studio style rooms. Until a full renovation is finished, the carriage house continues to operate as such along with the completed renovated section, providing boutique style accommodations. We apologize for the inconvenience.
We encourage our guests to report any issues or concerns they are experiencing during their stay, such as the wifi for you. Although our wifi generally runs smoothly, spontaneous service interruptions are always possible. If the issue was reported yet we failed to correct it, please call me directly at 203-780-8388 or email me at carriagehouse2297@gmail.com. Simply provide the dates of your stay.
The carriage house aims to provide a truly exceptional experience and we hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

This is my go-to place to stay for the Hamden/North Haven area. Renovated rooms with NO carpeting. Nice laminate flooring, no need to take the blue-light w you. Very reasonably priced. Well designed and decorated. Comfortable bed and pillows. Never had a problem. Staff is friendly, professional and accommodating.

Date of stay: May 2018