All reviews mini fridge new haven great hotel keurig motel wifi tile diner pillows yale ct
Reviewed 8 May 2018

This is my go-to place to stay for the Hamden/North Haven area. Renovated rooms with NO carpeting. Nice laminate flooring, no need to take the blue-light w you. Very reasonably priced. Well designed and decorated. Comfortable bed and pillows. Never had a problem. Staff is friendly, professional and accommodating.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Bob20164
Reviewed 6 January 2018

My brother and sister in law were coming from the west coast for a holiday visit. I decided to check out Carriage House as I heard that they were converting the apartment building to a boutique hotel. I dropped in for a visit and Rinal, the owner, graciously met with me and showed me a couple of the newly done over rooms. The rooms were lovely, as was Rinal. I reported back to my relatives and booked a room for three nights over the Christmas holiday and had a very nice stay....Rinal even left chocolates in their room, with a note thanking them for spending the holiday at Carriage House. The hotel is within walking distance of some great restaurants (Mickey's, Eli's) and it is an easy drive into New Haven. It's also right off of Route 15....very conveniently located! Great place to stay when in the Hamden/New Haven area!

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2017

At first glance, I have to admit I had a tiny sinking feeling in my stomach of "did I make a mistake to choose this place?". We were visiting from out of town to see a concert in New Haven and wanted an easy location that was close enough to the city but without city traffic or prices. From an outside glance, this place didn't seem like much, clean but just a plain, average motel.

From an inside look, this place is much more than average! Our room was spotless and great care was taken to the last detail. We felt like we were staying in a luxury boutique hotel with lovely furniture, a big comfy bed, a double high mini fridge and a pretty bathroom with nice Aveda toiletries. But even better than the rooms themselves were the very friendly front desk staff who made us feel so welcome and were so accommodating from the moment we walked in the door!

The location is perfect if you are traveling to an event in New Haven--a 10 minute uber ride into the city and not having to worry about finding a parking space saved a great deal of stress for us! Great customer service spoke volumes to us and we will definitely really stay here again, not just for the atmosphere but for the wonderful staff.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

My Navigator (lovely wife) couldn't have picked a better place to rest. Stopped at Carriage House for a break on road trip from Pa to Maine. We were met by the owner at front desk and knew we were at the right place! Not only did we have a beautiful, cozy room (which wife did not want to leave) but also multiple dinning suggestions and the friendliest host anyone could ask for. Had such a wonderful relaxing night due to several nearby restaurants within walking distance, we spent the night here again on way back home.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank jakemZ9436GY
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We loved this hotel. Stayed for one night. The owner was at the desk and was incredibly nice and accommodating in every way. The room was beautiful - nice sink and tile in the bathroom and nice modern furniture. Even the lobby counter was beautiful wood - just shows these folks care about making this a nice place. Comfy bed and good pillows too. Will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2017