All reviews mini fridge new haven great hotel keurig motel wifi tile diner pillows yale ct
Reviewed 19 June 2017

I was attending a family celebration in North Haven, CT and needed to stay within close proximity for one night. Wish I could have stayed longer because i LOVE this little gem of a hotel in nearby Hamden ! Being a well-seasoned traveler, I have had the opportunity to visit many 5 star hotels and resorts in the country. I was so impressed with, not only my beautifully decorated large, comfortable, king-bedded room, but the graciousness and personalized service I received from the two wonderful owners of this property. This husband and wife team definitely know the meaning of the 'hospitality industry' ! I will definitely make it a point to stay here again! I would be remiss if I did not also mention that it was in a great location as well ! Do not hesitate to book this property - highly recommended !

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank sharon c
Reviewed 12 June 2017

I was so happy to have found this hotel to stay at on a recent visit to the area. I initially intended to stay in New Haven, but this hotel was more affordable and closer to the places I wanted to visit the following day.

I booked via a booking site just about 15 minutes prior to arrival late in the evening. I was greeted by a beautiful reception area and a very friendly owner of the property. He was very proud of his wife for all the work she had done with renovating the rooms with beautiful decor and rightly so. They have done a beautiful job with the property. I stayed in a second floor room with high ceilings, freshly painted it seemed. The room was large and airy, had clean crisp white sheets, wood floors with an area rug (I love that it wasn't wall-to-wall carpet). The storage chests were mirrored cabinets that were lovely. There was a water bottle, coffee maker, microwave, and mini-fridge. The bathroom was also very clean and nice and supplied with Aveda products. The room felt like a luxury and was very comfortable, without the luxury price.

I only stayed one night, but if I'm in the area again I will definitely choose this hotel and will recommend it to others in need of a room in the Greater New Haven area.

I really can't say enough good things about this place and its owners!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Rebecca O
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Words cannot describe how happy we are with our accommodations here in Hamden. The room is updated, clean, and absolutely adorably decorated. There is nothing that we wish we had that isn't here. There's a keurig coffee pot, a mini fridge, and microwave. A beautiful little bathroom. Plenty of space for our belongings, bright lights, high ceiling and most importantly comfy bedding. Wi-Fi and flatscreen TV. About eight minutes to Quinnipiac, eight minutes to New Haven, and in the cute little town of Hamden. I would not even bother with looking anywhere else around here. This place is adorable.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Sue R
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Newly renovated rooms are nice and clean and very trendy looking. Affordably priced. Kuerig coffee maker in room was a bonus. Convenient to Yale University as well as to highways.
The street location is not much to look at nor is the hotel from the outside. But the rooms are quite the opposite.
Younger couple owns hotel and told me that the wife designed each room uniquely with furnishings from local stores - not hotel suppliers. We will stay there again.

Room tip: No two rooms are identical; ask owners for a room that suits your taste.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank KOinFredVegas
Reviewed 12 March 2017

we needed a hotel at the last minute and came upon the excellent reviews the carriage house inn has been receiving...and we were so glad we stayed there. from the time we arrived, the owner made us feel like family. we visited for 30 minutes as we checked in, and the owner asked us about about ourselves, where we are from, etc. he was friendly, sincere, and proud of his hotel. the room was updated, sleek, and modern. the bed was comfy, the room spotless, the wifi smooth, and the shower pressure just right. we highly recommend the carriage house inn.

Date of stay: March 2017