All reviews mini fridge new haven great hotel keurig motel wifi tile diner pillows yale ct
Reviewed 12 March 2017

we needed a hotel at the last minute and came upon the excellent reviews the carriage house inn has been receiving...and we were so glad we stayed there. from the time we arrived, the owner made us feel like family. we visited for 30 minutes as we checked in, and the owner asked us about about ourselves, where we are from, etc. he was friendly, sincere, and proud of his hotel. the room was updated, sleek, and modern. the bed was comfy, the room spotless, the wifi smooth, and the shower pressure just right. we highly recommend the carriage house inn.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank roondog3931
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

I can't express how friendly the owners are. So polite and accommodating. I was created by name without even a hint! I was thanked for choosing them and invited back when ever I was in town again. The rooms were so comfortable and stylish- like a Manhattan boutique hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
6  Thank Amanda C
Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

Came to Hamden to visit our son, and was looking for a nice, but reasonably priced hotel. We came across this hotel, and based off high reviews, we called and they had availability, so we drove down and gave it a look. The owners are incredibly nice and accommodating. They bought this property, and began renovating it. They have done 10 rooms already and, oh my God, they've done an incredible job. Nicely decorated, wood veneer flooring, beautiful woven rug, tile bathroom, and a great new pillow top mattress. Very comfortable! Rooms have an old school feel with modern flair. My feeling is, that when they get the complete remodeled finished, the prices will go up. Not that that's bad, but they are apparently trying to reinvent what used to be a sort of run down property, into something nice and worth staying at again. The owner told us she wanted each guest to feel like she was taking care of her own family. She even went way beyond the call of duty to get us some vanilla coffee creamer. How's that for service? Fantastic. Ask for the new rooms, is our recommendation.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for the weekend while going to a show in new haven. Couldn't ask for a better place. The owners were very very friendly and the room was extremely cozy. We were lucky to have gotten a room that was already renovated and it was done nicely and still kept some of the original looks. The bed was big and comfy. The bathroom was very clean the the shower was roomy. I would definitely stay there again!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rockchef1
Reviewed 3 November 2016

Last minute trip to visit my daughter at Quinnipiac University and needed to stay overnight near the campus. Read reviews on TripAdvisor and surrounding area lodging did not sound appealing, but read Carriage House recent reviews, sounded promising and booked it online. How bad could it be for one night? Well, was pleasantly surprised, very impressed with their professional courtesy and friendliness, as I had mentioned online I had a disability, requiring minor accomodation and they called me the same day to review my requirements. When I arrived, I was greeted warmly by the front desk staff, easy check in, impressed with the lobby and my accomodations, perfect for my needs. Room was very clean, charming and smelled new! To top it off, room had a Keurig coffeemaker with ample pods, microwave and refrigerator as well as free wifi, which is definitely a plus when we travel! I wish to thank them for their hospitality and look forward to staying there again, as over the next four years, I am sure we will be needing accomodations again....... Best of luck as they continue with their renovations, which did not effect my stay at all. Highly recommend it for families for college visits and the surrounding area, too...

Room tip: Ask for one of the newly renovated rooms! It's a work in process but am sure will be a gem when completed!
  • Trip type: Traveled solo