“Great outside seating”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Went to lunch on a beautiful sunny day. Fried artichokes were delicious .

Whole belly clams were tasty and a lot in the serving. I had fish n chips. The fish had a potato chip crust and was quite a big piece. We enjoyed it all. Rachel was sweet enough to give us separate checks. We stayed for three hours and were never pressured to leave. Of course we went for a one o'clock reservation. We go back in a heart beat.

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

I did not bother to go to the Guilford Mooring for a loooong time.
I recently heard good things about the food and renovation. And I heard that they now have AC.
So I visited twice in May, once for dinner and once for lunch.
Both times I was very very pleased and so were all the people who were with me.
The first time I went was to dinner with my husband and another couple. The renovation is lovely. The service was excellent. A somewhat reliable indicator of a good restaurant is the bread. The Mooring's bread is delicious. I had swordfish and it was an excellent presentation and flavor. My husband liked his clam dish. One of our companion's father was a butcher. He claimed that his steak was a perfect cut and taste. His wife had a generous bowl of delicious mussels.
The lava cake for dessert was awesome!
The second time I went was with a friend for lunch. This time I had a heaping wonderful bowl of Fra Diavolo mussels. My friend had the burger with fragrant tasty truffle fries. The burger was huge and cooked to perfection. Once again, the service was spot on.
I am so pleased to finally have an attractive waterfront restaurant with terrific food to frequent in Guilford.

2  Thank freebird05
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Spent the afternoon dining with friends recently and enjoyed it very much. The food was varied and very good. We had a delicious order of fried artichoke hearts and seafood dishes that were hearty and tasty. The restaurant has a nice clean nautical feel and comfortable outdoor dining space. All outdoor tables have umbrellas to shield you from the sun. They were doing a brisk business the day we visited and the staff didn't skip a beat. Friendly service with a smile. You won't be disappointed. The Cioppino was full of flavor with shrimp, clams, mussels, 1/2 lobster tail.

1  Thank newguest
Reviewed 18 May 2017

Last time I reviewed this restaurant was way back in 2004. Times have changed, and so has Guilford Mooring. There is a fresh new look in the dining room, the bar was extensively reworked, and now most diners will have an unobstructed view of Guilford Harbor. There even is a recently installed air conditioning system which should make the summer dining experience more comfortable during those oppressive heat waves. With the new look comes a new, fresh approach to the food. A new chef and cooks now work the busy kitchen. The menu was reworked, even though staples like fried seafood and lobsters remain. Four of us went to Guilford Mooring on a nice, spring evening. We were seated promptly at a table of four with a nice view of Guilford Harbor. We ordered the romaine lettuce appetizer and four entrees- mussels, skirt steak, swordfish, and fried clam strips. The clam strips were crispy, well-seasoned, and not at all greasy- served on a bed of fries which were also crispy. I sampled the swordfish- nicely grilled, served with flavorful sauces and a fresh salsa garnish. Our friends liked the skirt steak- prepared as ordered, and the mussels. We ordered their lava cake dessert, served with ice cream, that was very chocolatey, but a little underdone for my tastes. Service was friendly, enthusiastic, and very accommodating. The price for all this indulgence was a tad steep, though. Still, we can look forward to dining here in the future.

1  Thank JCArchT
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

From food to service and location..Guilford Mooring was exceptional. We loved the dinning room and the view. Taco trio, seafood salad and seaweed salad with tuna, lobster BLT wrap, really great Tuna BLT wrap and the seafood tower. I recommend this restaurant highly. I continue to think about the great tasting food. There is something for everyone. Bar has a nice amount of high top tables and there is outside seating available. Parking is limited and reservations would be best but not necessary when we went. We had the same wonderful waiter and he remembered us. They wait staff worked as a team it was noticable. Loved that the waiter knew which direction to start the taco trio for optimal enjoyment. He was so correct! Thanks

1  Thank Faith D