“TexMex Family Feel with something for everyone”

Fresca Tequila Bar & Grill
Ranked #14 of 42 Restaurants in Colchester
Price range: US$4 - US$30
Description: A Mexican-Fusion restaurant serving delicious food & carefully crafted cocktails in a fun, welcoming atmosphere!
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Short version:
* Ample seating for casual or fine dining
* Clean as well as organic elements worked into both food and drink. They are locally sourced-minded
* Relaxed feel
* Genuine & Friendly Staff who are quick and attentive
* Didn't feel the need to leave as a customer or from the staff once we were done eating
* Menu has flavorful options that are balanced and thought out in theme
* Ample parking in rear
* Right off of rout 2 (within a mile)
* Pricing is fair

Long version:
Walking through the entry room you have a Big screen behind the bar with a game on strait ahead. Appealing decour with easy seating for family's in the entry room. To your left is a comfortable wicker lounge area arranged in a half circle facing a fire place. To your immediate right is more seating accommodating almost any sized group.
To your far right is the hall leading to the fine dining room.
Lighting is medium to low. The mood is easy going and welcoming without being invasive.

Only suggestion: more lighting in the overflow parking behind the building.

I will be going back as its a very enjoyable change from Chinese, cafe, fast food and pub fare in town. Good for anything between drinks and snacks to a family dinner event.

1  Thank Kevin J

Reviewed 8 October 2017

2nd attempt at this place, the first time I had the tequila ribs, and they were tough. This time I had the swanky chicken, which was not bad at all. The bartender was great, no issues there, but the chips and salsa and queso was,,,shall we say strange. I should have taken a photo. The salsa looked orange. At first I thought it may be something else, and was told, that is the salsa. Wasn't great. The queso; that's the BAD part. I was almost as though someone took the cheese packet from a kraft macaroni and cheese and microwaved it. Almost gritty...watery, bland. The chips were not as fresh I they claimed either They said they make them daily, but these tasted stale?
Like any new restaurant, perhaps they need to find their way and eventually I will return. I like the spicy margarita's...

1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Hi my husband and I went to Fresca's about 6 or so weeks ago. The place hasn't been open very long. The first time on a Friday night it was so crowded. The food was great, the atmosphere, etc. tonight 10/6/17, we didn't get the same feeling. We ordered the chips salsa and queso dip. We knew immediately when looking and tasting the queso that it wasn't like the first time, and even the salsa didn't look or taste the same. We asked the bartender and she said they are still experimenting with the recipes. Well need I say more, keep experimenting or give up and buy the jar stuff. It's much better. The "first time" I got the chicken quesadilla as well as tonight. Let's just say this restaurant has totally gone way downhill. We met some new friends who also purchased the chicken quesadilla - they agreed it didn't taste right like the cheese was lumpy or stuck together. If you want good and consistent food, go to Sayulitas in South Glastonbury. Good luck!

1  Thank Patricia D
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Husband and I went to Fresca for the 1st time this evening. Will return soon...I live 2.5 miles from Fresca. This could become a habit. Food is creative and delicious. Server, Meg, was fun and answered all our questions. Bartender in Cantina was helpful with drink choices, I didn't get her name. I had Tequila barbequed ribs w'/ Pig ear Fries and Coleslaw. Ribs were delicious. Ordered the 1/2 rack. It is huge. I'm not much of a meat eater so brought most home for leftovers. Looking forward to enjoying them tomorrow. Vegetables in coleslaw were fresh and probably locally grown, dressing was a tasty sweet/sour/salty/umami..(no mayonnaise ) mixture. Fries were real potatoes cut in an unusual shape and cooked to perfection. Had a taste of my husband's Tortilla Soup....Wow!! He also ordered a fish taco that he said was delicious.. Nice addition to the local scene. Worth the drive from anywhere. Can't wait to go back. High quality food at reasonable prices. Oh, I almost forgot. Good selection of tequila. Fresca, Welcome to Colchester.

2  Thank kwolko
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Nice atmosphere. Warm and inviting Good food and drink. Absolutely the best place in the area for couples night.

1  Thank Nelsoninct