“Loved it!”

Shandal's Vegetarian Cafe
Ranked #47 of 380 Restaurants in Bridgeport
Cuisines: Jamaican
Reviewed 9 October 2017

I work with a friend from Grenada. He's always looking for Caribbean places and stumbled on this place when getting his haircut. He said it's a vegan place and I have to try it! I am not a vegan....but I'm always up for something new....so three of us went to lunch last week. I've been experimenting with tofu....and let me tell you.....if I could make the tofu dishes like this place.....I might become a vegan! Everything was delicious. I got the $10 portion for lunch....I think you could pick 6 or 7 selections. I selected 3 tofu dishes and lots of different veggies...and the lo mein. Everything had such nice flavors and the food was so fresh. I was impressed.....and YES.....I will be back again soon!

Reviewed 20 April 2017

I have lived in Faifield county my entire life. A few years ago while driving up Capital Avenue I saw a sign saying vegetarian and wandered inside. I wish I knew about Shandal's sooner - I go weekly now! The atmosphere may turn some off - street parking and nothing pretty - but go inside and get the food. The owner is a non-pushy helpful and extremely polite. The food it good and is all vegetarian (Not like many who advertise vegetarian and they have one non meat meal on their menu). It is basically the same selections but they never get old since they are tasty and homemade. If you are vegetarian, make sure you stop in. If you are not, try it anyway. I have taken many non-vegs and they also go back regularly.

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went to Shandal's before a hockey game. Super mellow hole in the wall. Shandal guided us through our dinner selections. The Lima beans and potatoes were incredible. Tons of character and charm. Will be back!

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Echoing the other reviews, this place is completely enjoyable regardless of whether you eat meat or live vegan. Let him choose the popular items for you in either a four or six item tray. Several items were surprisingly good and I would not not have considered them. Put your faith in his choices. Most people probably get takeout but we ate at the two tables inside. My family will definitely return.

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Great variety, chef/owner was wonderful. Food was fantastic!! Stop by for takeout or small dining area experience! Perfect for lunch spot!