“Best Lobster Roll in CT”

Blue Lobster Seafood
Ranked #1 of 67 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

This is a small restaurant off the Berlin Turnpike. You would drive right by it if you weren't looking for it. The lobsters roll are the best and that's what they're known for. I stop here atleast 2-3 times a year and haven't been disappointed ever. The seafood is always fresh and the clam chowder I had was very delicious. The restaurant is small only has 8-9 booths and a few tables but it's never a problem for me. If you ask the waitress for a card every time you order a lobster roll they punch out a number on your card and after your 10th lobster roll you get a free one.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Food is ok definitely they can do much better! Small portions and the decoration is very outdated. Their seafood is ok

1  Thank Sandra C
BLUELOBSTERSEAFOOD, Owner at Blue Lobster Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Sandra,
Thank you for the review. We are always happy to hear suggestions from our customers on how to better our products. Please contact me at bluelobster376@yahoo.com When a customer is unsatified we do anything to make it right.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Blue Lobster has wonderful seafood. I tried both the calamari and the lobster roll, and the meat itself was incredibly fresh and tender for both. However, I had to pick the lobster out of my lobster roll because the sweetness of the potato roll they used overpowered the lobster and gave the overall dish an unpleasant taste. When one of your signature dishes includes only two ingredients, both ingredients need to be amazing.

Logan,
thank you for the review, we have used martins rolls and receive them in fresh multiple times a week to ensure customer satisfaction. I can assure you that we do not serve bad bread at our family restaurant. Please contact me at bluelobster376@yahoo.com so i can make this right for you to gain your business back.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

I have been going around trying chowders this summer around Connecticut. Their bowl of New England style chowder was very generous. Great flavor, with nice amount of clams and not overloaded on potatoes. Nice consistency too, not to thick or thin. Also, had some of the homemade coleslaw which was also delicious. I would definitely go back.

Magruso,
thank you for your awesome review. We are very happy you enjoyed our clam chowder. Hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 19 August 2017

This place has been here forever!!The lobster is always fresh; the lobster roll is a classic (butter only-and lobster; no mayo, celery etc) We always try to get at least one roll when we come back to NE. Sorry spiny lobsters you just are not as tasty