“Tequila in a Hoof; Meat in a Volcano”
Review of Casa Mexico

Casa Mexico
Ranked #13 of 74 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Last night of vacation and were craving Mexican food. Wasn’t expecting much, but pleasantly surprised. We were a party of 10; 5 adults, 5 kids...no hostess stand, just a pen and paper to sign yourself in. Are you kidding...Friday night, week between Christmas and New Years?!?! Ended up working well enough. The place was jammed packed and even though the service was a little slow, the server was attentive and made an effort to make our visit pleasant. The complementary shots of tequila (with the server) from the cow hoof was a novel touch! Was most impressed by the volcanic stone bowl my entree was served in...was still simmering 3/4 way throughWhile very few restaurants compare to your hometown favorites, the food was satisfying and enjoyed by all. We will definitely return!

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Honest Service was poor, we waited over an hour for our food, sit with empty glasses. They were out of Gwauk also. Would not try this place again.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

we came here for dinner just because we stumbled upon it and are VERY impressed. I️ don’t remember the name of the meal we got, but split it for 2 and it was $50. Pork, steak, chicken and shrimp with veggies (mushrooms, peppers, onions jalapeños, etc.) — they made it perfectly. Comes with a side of pico and sour cream/guacamole/rice and beans. Best Mexican food I’ve had in my life. Drinks are strong too. We got two mojitos and a raspberry daiquiri and all of them were phenomenal. So good. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

I ate here for dinner recently while in town for business. I went with something a little less traditional by ordering the triple pork tacos (not what they're actually called but it had chorizo, pork and bacon). Meh! The meat was really over-cooked and tasteless! I did enjoy their chips, salsa and queso that came out after I was seated. Not sure I'll be back however as there are other good restaurants in Winter Park.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

This place was recommended to us by the person at the visitor center. I asked her what she thought was the best mexican around since she was a local. She did not hesitate to tell us about this place. My husband had steak fajitas that he thought were very good. The chips, salsa and queso were good too. However, my burrito was hands down the best food I ate on our vacation! I got the Crystals Favorite Burritio and it was huge. I really should have stopped half way through, but it was so good I ate about 80% of if and skipped supper later!