“Where are the kind people?”
Review of 9 Grams

9 Grams
Reviewed 17 September 2021

Hello, I’d like to share with you my experience at mount Duneed 9 grams on Thursday 16th Sept.

2 friends and I met at 9 grams to get takeaway coffee. As simple as it should be, the service was awful. The employee serving was not particularly welcoming, despite my efforts to show kindness and mind my Ps and Qs in hope I could lighten her day; assuming she was having a bad day and did not develop good emotional intelligence. It became clear to me while trying to open and get through the door with a pram, we were not welcome when the same employee appeared halfway through this personal challenge not to assist, and not to wait for me to get through, but to push past and slam the door in my face.

Thankfully another customer showed some kindness and helped. I noted her rudeness was not unnoticed by my fellow customer! This could possibly be forgiven (with the grace of God) if it were busy, but with a max of 10 seated customer limit, my intuition puts this down to the fact she was not taught basic manners as a toddler.
In the end she got my order wrong (I received a latte not a chai latte - an issue for a breastfeeding mum), and after deciding to wait for our order outside due to the impractically small takeaway area being quite crowded (2 others), we were met with much impatience that we had stepped just outside the entrance when our order was ready, that it was not worth requesting an adjustment.

Nevertheless my main concern above all this was the lack of respect for the community during an increasing COVID outbreak by said employee wearing a highly impractical and not very flattering mesh mask while serving customers. Some people like to push boundaries, but most grow out of this by the age of 4. I was also not asked to show my regional ID.

The hospitality industry has been hit hard, it’s a shame when the community makes an effort to support, those we are trying to support show such irresponsibility.

I did not get the employees name, but if your workplace culture means this employee has work (I assume to pay for her very nice feathered look eyebrows) where so many others don’t, potentially it is a greater issue than just an individual being a bit of a jerk…

Date of visit: September 2021
2  Thank StephanieG3795
Write a reviewReviews (26)

Reviewed 17 June 2021 via mobile

We had our family catch up breakfast on a Sunday and luckily had pre booked a table as they busy very quickly.
The staff looked after us well and made sure the children got their meals first and in good time.
The menu had us well covered with a great selection to choose from, scrambled eggs, bacon and hash browns cooked perfectly. French toast delicious equally the pancakes.
Another great option is they are happy to accommodate variations to the menu.
A perfect coffee to go with a pleasant dining experience.
Once you finish eating there is an awesome playground for the children to burn off some energy!

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 7 March 2021 via mobile

Fantastic local setting next to park and playground. Our favorite local since opening but good service and friendly staff except for one person seems to have disappeared as well as newspapers. Disappointed.

Date of visit: March 2021
3  Thank Happytraveller1399
Reviewed 9 February 2021

We went to 9 grams Armstrong creek on Sunday after looking up they said they closed at 4pm we got there about 3.15pm dad went in to get some coffee after what mum went in about 5 minutes later deciding to have a slice with coffee and dad standing there for another 5 minutes they finally asked was he ordering to get told they were closed with people still inside and sign still out front won’t be visiting anymore

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 28 September 2020 via mobile

Nice to sit down inside a cafe again (with COVID safe etc.)
Enjoyed together bacon and eggs, salad bowl, southern fried chicken burger and chips. Good coffees and shakes too.
Fun foodie occasion.