“Bomb wings!”
Review of Kickin Wings

Kickin Wings
Ranked #43 of 108 Restaurants in Wheat Ridge
Reviewed 20 March 2017

I've come here a few times for lunch and really enjoy the variety of wing options. I've always gotten the lunch special that includes wings, fries, and a fountain drink. There's a long, unique list of sauces or rubs to choose from for the wings; there are also a few fries options. It's a nice and simple place for lunch. There's a couple big TVs inside so it'd be a good place to watch games.

Reviewed 22 May 2015

We "discovered" Kickin' Wings through my husband's son who went to school with one of the owner's kids. We've eaten here via delivery, take-out, and dine in.

Dine in: The restaurant is relatively clean but could use a facelift. The establishment isn't really geared towards a family ordering 60 wings and sharing them but more towards individually ordered meals. We received our wings in Styrofoam take-out containers without anything to eat the wings on. I was able to score some paper boats fairly easily but it wasn't ideal. Even paper plates would have been an improvement.

Delivery: We've have delivery twice when we were feeling particularly lazy and didn't want to go out. One time was through Grub-hub which was a horrible experience. After being given a delivery time of 45 minutes, I waited an hour & then called for an ETA. The restaurant evidently never received the order from grub-hub! We had to wait an additional 45 minutes for them to make the order & get it the 1/2 mile to our house. The order was missing one of our kids meals & the other was totally overcooked. The second time we did an order directly with the restaurant & it still took forever and parts of our order were forgotten again. The food was good enough to continue to frequent them...but delivery was out as an option at that point.

Take-out: The timing on take-out is hit and miss. We've been told 35 minutes, arrive 45 minutes later & still wait 15 minutes for the food. Other times, we were told 35 minutes and showed up at the hour mark (we're trying to nail down a consistency here! lol) and our food had been sitting there for probably a good 20 minutes waiting for us. Now we just do our best to get there when they tell us & hope their estimate is good.

Overall, suggestions to improve Kickin' Wings would be to get a better handle on the younger employees. Not to be an old grouch but they don't seem to notice when customers come in & more over...don't have a glint of customer service focus. The more seasoned employees are great, all of them have been very friendly.

Despite the short-comings, I'd recommend that you try this local joint and give the chain wing joints in the area a rest. The Spicy BBQ is fantastic and I love their fried zucchini!

Reviewed 20 September 2014 via mobile

The food is pretty good. We had the fried zucchini and mushrooms to start - very good. Then we had some traditional wings. We are talking greasy Franks red hot buffalo sauce. Overall not bad. Food prep time is sssslllooowww so expect to wait. Most orders seemed to be take out or delivery. This is a small neighborhood place that is family run. Service is not great (could be friendlier) and the interior could use some sprucing up. It's more like a sports warehouse but like I said focus on the food. This place could be Kickin but needs some shaping up.

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Stopped by on our way to Boulder. Found on Trip Advisor by my copilot and decided to give it a try. I rate this a a defiantly would come back restaurant. It's got the feeling of a big game restaurant/bar type of theme. I had the lunch special for $7.99. I ordered 5-Hot Rod Blue wings and 5- of the Hot buffalo style wings. It also came with sweet potato fries and home made lemonade. Can't beat it for the price and flavor. No chewy gristle stuff here. Trust me in this.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

LOVE their wings! Everything is made fresh while you wait, so be prepared, but the final product is well-worth the wait! The folks that work here are really nice and they finally got a liquor license so you can have an icy cold beer with your dinner!