“great happy hour specials...liked the antipasto and calamari”

Abrusci's Fire & Wine
Ranked #1 of 109 Restaurants in Wheat Ridge
Price range: US$10 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Abrusci's Fire and Wine is a family-owned and operated business. The owners and general manager live locally and have been together in business for 16+ years. We recently moved from 32nd/Youngfield to 22nd/Youngfield and are proud to own our own place, designed with customer service in mind. There is seating in our main dining room including at our pizza bar as well as indoor/outdoor seating in our bar and patio. The menu is similar to our Italian menu from our former location but now we have expanded the appetizers and included a bar/patio only menu to continue after the dining room closes. Our brunch is on Saturdays and Sundays only when we open earlier, serving brunch from 9am through 4pm. We are also taking reservations for parties 5 and over, otherwise it is first come, first served with open seating in the bar. Please be considerate of our neighbors when you park. The City of Lakewood encourages neighborhood parking versus large parking lots so we are doing our best to be good neighbors ourselves.
Reviewed 1 July 2018

good food, good service, nice atmosphere. Enjoyed sitting on patio and watching sports, enjoying the summer and comfortable atmosphere

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Great outdoor space for warm evenings. Service was a bit slow, but it was a busy night. Menu has a great variety of pizza, pasta, as well as traditional plates.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

First off, we have been going to Abrusci's Fire & Wine since early February (we like to give new restaurants, or locations, six months or so to get their kinks worked out). We have dined at the restaurant 16 times since our first visit, approximately once a week if you figure in the weeks we were traveling and out of town. We like sitting in the lounge area and have not ever sat in the dining room. We have generally enjoyed our experiences at Fire and Wine. The food has usually been above average, the service has always been way above average, the atmosphere is always enjoyable and they have a good Happy Hour. In fact, we have defended the service and tipping policy to several of our friends who have had less than desirable service and who do not like the tip policy.

Our latest visit on June 17th was not as enjoyable. The restaurant was busy, it was raining and the parking lot was backed up due to cars waiting for takeout orders and the rain, so I dropped my wife off at the front door at about 5:30. There was a wait to be seated in the dining room (as there usually is) so she went into the lounge area, as we always do and sat down at the high four-top table in front of the patio door. The table had been cleaned off and was open when she arrived. After about 5 minutes, a manager came up to my wife and told her she had to get up because someone had "called ahead" and reserved that table. About that same time, I was walking into the lobby and overheard an employee come up to two people and tell them they were able to open up a table for them. At the same time, my wife, who was very upset, met me in the lobby walked out right past me. It wasn't until we got back to the car that she told me what had happened.

We have been to the restaurant enough to know that they don't reserve tables in the lounge, on the patio yes, but not in the lounge. In fact, we have always been told the lounge seating is on a first come basis. My wife was upset and embarrassed by the way she was treated, but wanted me to hold off writing a review until she talked to someone on the restaurant. She called the restaurant on the afternoon of June 18th and spoke with a lady who answered the phone. After explaining her story to the lady, she was pretty much blown off and the response she got was "so, what do you want me to do about it now?" My wife just said she thought someone should know how she was treated. About an hour later, my wife received a phone call back from the restaurant and the lady apologized to my wife for her behavior and attitude during their first conversation. She then promised my wife that a manager would call her to discuss/address the matter. That was three days ago and no call from a manager, so I am responding with this review.

While we are not "regulars" or friends with any of the managers (as the people who were given our table obviously are), we do dine here fairly often. We go out to dinner several nights a week and know that there are way too many good to great restaurants in the Golden area and on the west side of town to patronize an establishment that doesn't treat its customers well. We will not be back!

Marvin W, Manager at Abrusci's Fire & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Terry, my sincere apologies that first your visit was not at all enjoyable, but second our response was not what it should have been by any means. If you would please give me a call at the restaurant, ask for Marvin, or contact my email, MWilliams@fireandwineco.com. I would really appreciate the opportunity to discuss the situations and make things right. Again, I am very sorry.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Gabe kept his eye out for us when the rain threatened to kick us off the patio; sure enough, when the drops grew large he had a spot saved for us near the fireplace. We were able to continue our visit without any real interruption.

The food, atmosphere, and service are all terrific- make time to visit!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We love going to Abruscci's for Italian fare and pizza. Great atmosphere, service, and food. You can't go wrong there.