“delightful surprise”
Review of Taco Del Gnar

Taco Del Gnar
Ranked #15 of 73 Restaurants in Telluride
Description: Global fusion taco shop. GNAR is defined by the high scale of coolness, radicalness and non-conformity. These principals have been instilled to separate our cuisine from the typical taco joint. Passion will be tasted in every bite. The “Tattoo Shop” atmosphere, the hand-crafted margaritas, and muse-inspired daily creations guarantee good vibes with a family-friendly, casual dining experience that all can enjoy. Stop by, grab some grub, and let the insatiable addiction begin at THE GNAR.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Tasty, creative, and inexpensive--a rare find in Telluride. The cheese tater tots were delicious, the mushroom tacos were really good and the mahi tacos were fresh. Not fancy--its an order at the counter kind of place, but just right for a quick cheap good meal.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

These are hands down the best and most creative tacos I’ve ever had.

I would drive hours out of my way to get to a Taco Del Gnar store. Right now there are two, soon to be three, but I would say very soon Taco Del Gnar will be a food institution in Colorado.

I’m a big eater and I can only make it through three of these bad boys. The tacos we’ve had have all been stacked with ingredients that are perfectly complementary and well prepared.

The only negative I have is the table situation is a mad dash and while 2 of our 3 visits have been very civilized, tonight I encountered the rudest person I have come across on this trip with no manners or decorum who actually stole the table I’d been patiently waiting for telling me he was more entitled because he had more people coming who arrived over 30minutes later, he then continued to make comments about my appearance for the next twenty minutes loudly so all of the surrounding tables could hear, which as you can understand soured our night.

This rude person didn’t change the quality of the food... but it wasn’t how I wanted to spend the start of my night... I think because the food is so affordable and good this might be a situation that pops up from time to time.

1  Thank Amanda W
Reviewed 10 March 2018

Excellent, informal, restaurant in central Telluride. It’s a very simple approach and not fancy. That really doesn’t matter as the food is wonderful. We had to queue, as was expected, but it only took 10 mins and had no problem getting a table. It really helps if you’ve worked out you order by the time you arrive at the register.
The dinner deal (USD10.50) is excellent value as it comprises 2 tacos of your choice from the selection, plus two side orders. The house margaritas were also very good.
In hindsight we probably ended up with a bit too much food so it is worth thinking about how big your appetite is! Hopefully we will have time to go again and if so we’d order a dinnner and a single taco.
Food arrived very quickly and staff were helpful and very pleasant.
Top place,

1  Thank Ian S
Reviewed 7 March 2018

Taco Del Gnar was recommended by a local on a chairlift and it did NOT disappoint. Every single dish we got was thoughtfully crafted and did not lack in flavor or authenticity. Definitely check this place out, especially if you're hvaing a hard time getting a table elsewhere. The service was relatively fast. Watch out for the margaritas, they pack a punch!

1  Thank StephSciarello
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We are Gnar tacos 3x during our Feb2018 family ski trip to Telluride. It’s a counter taco place - certainly not fancy - but the hot garlic salsa and chips are addictive and the staff are friendly and efficient. I go for the vegetarian tacos and love the avocado tempura but my boys eat everything on the menu. Did I mention the tater tots - best in the world. Line can be long at lunch time but it’s worth the wait.