“Awesome Abe's”
Review of Abes Bar & Grill

Abes Bar & Grill
Ranked #71 of 413 Restaurants in Lakewood
Reviewed 3 September 2015

We are new to Colorado from Asheville, NC. We have always preferred patronizing independent restaurants as you tend to have a fresher tasting food with more flavor not just salt. Abe's was a Trip Advisor recommendation that was on point. We were greeted at the door by Abe himself who immediately won over the heart of my at times cranky and critical 3 year old. We asked for a table outside and shown to nice patio table. We started with the Greek Appetizer sampler of Dolmas, Hummus and Spanakopita. Everything was fresh and delicious including the carrots and pita accompanying the plate. Our drinks were refilled frequently at every table visit. Then cam the delicious Greek Salad, which my darling wife and daughter shared happily as did I my Feta cheese. My daughter wanted mushrooms on the Kids Cheese pizza. "You like mushrooms? No problem, I will put mushrooms on for you." I ordered the Gyro plate-with Greek potatoes, carmalized onions ad Taziki sauce-Terrific, moist tender slices of Gyro that were not dripping with grease. Well seasoned al dente potatoes and a few more triangles of pita. My wife ordered the Chicken Kabob Pita Sandwich with thoughts for leftovers to take to lunch, neither of our plates made it to the second round. Well worth the 10 minute trip down Alameda.

Go to Abe's, did I mention they have a full bar.

I'm trying the baklava next time.

1  Thank Billy C

Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

I went with two other friends, and we all had dishes that were quite good. The seasoning of the meats was excellent. The people were very friendly and the ambiance was nice but in no way pretentious. There are also burgers for the people who are less adventurous.

1  Thank FrMattB
Reviewed 9 August 2015

I have eaten here several times with girl friends. The food is fresh and they use the highest quality meats and ingredients. Everything is freshly cooked. I took my husband here today and he loved it. He wants to come back and we can as we live in the neighborhood. Most everything on the menu is gluten free also. Besides the wonderful Greek food they have pizza and burgers. We are anxious to try the fish (cod) and chips. The brothers who run Abes Bar & Grill are so nice and want to please. The prices are very reasonable too.

I would highly recommend Abes Bar & Grill. It is a gem.

1  Thank ginger j
Reviewed 20 February 2015 via mobile

I can't believe there are no reviews of this wonderful restaurant!
My husband found this place on urban spoon, again without reviews.
This has to be top 2 greek food we have ever eaten!
Don't waste time- and come here. Seriously, amazing.
We both got the Spartan platters bc we are vegetarian and it was so much I had to box 1/2 of it. I can't wait to eat it again!
The entire family here is friendly and very funny! Truly authentic too!
We highly recommend the baklava and chocolate cake (with warm fudgy center)!!!!

1  Thank Rachel W