“Delicious! Great Food!”

Price range: US$7 - US$17
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Takeout
Description: At Saffron Grill we believe that food is so much more than just fuel. Food is about bringing people together. We believe no one is ever alone in the kitchen. We bring generations to the table for every meal: Grandmothers, grandfathers, fathers, mothers, daughters, and sons. Food is never just food. It is a door to learning so much more: who we are presently, who we once were in the past, and who we want to be in the future. That is why each and every dish is prepared with the same ingredients that my mother and her mother before her used. All of our recipes are homemade with fresh vegetables and top quality spices. We hope you can join us and enjoy our food, culture, and the people you surround yourself with!
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Saffron Grill is an affordable, family owned restaurant. It's not fancy, so if you are looking for atmosphere this isn't the place, however they serve awesome food.I ordered a gyro plate with a Greek salad. The pita was fresh, and filled with a generous portion of meat, and perfectly prepared tzatziki sauce. The Greek salad was amazing, consisting of feta, cucumber, black olives, tomato, romaine with an awesome balsamic dressing. Generous portions, and a great value can be found at Saffron. We will definitely return!

Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

I came for lunch yesterday and I was expecting a crowd in this restaurant. It turned out I was the only customer who came in for lunch. I had to wait a while until the server/chef decided to show up and greeted me. He asked me if I was dining in and when I said yes he promptly hand over the menu. I had already a plan what to order so I told him what I wanted and he went straight to the kitchen and forgot to give me a glass of water. While he was cooking in the back, I was observing the interior; I think the walls are fine with Iranian decorations, mostly pictures which could use a lot of better frames. The tables and chairs are a little bit out of date and saw dust in the corner of the room where the board games are located. When my food finally arrived, I had to ask a glass of water from him. I had chicken kabob with veggie curry, basmati rice, and small pitas. The chicken is very well seasoned, I didn't really care for the curry veggie, it was a little bit bland. I also had baklava for my dessert, it tasted good.

Reviewed 7 October 2015

I wanted to like SG more. Really, I did.

Went in at 5:30 p.m. on Friday. Door was open but all the lights off. My date and I looked at each other with raised eyebrows.

A very nice woman came out of the back, almost surprised to see us. Water came out in a pitcher with two small (and not very clean) tiny mason jar glasses.

I ordered the gyros plate, but just got the wrap (that may have been my fault, but I specifically pointed to the option that came with Basmati rice, Pita, Greek Salad, Stew, and Sauce), and my date got the lamb kabob plate. The lamb was seasoned really nicely, but tough. The rice looked and tasted like it was fresh about three days ago.

Probably won't head back.

1  Thank writegirl7
Reviewed 14 January 2015

I had a gyros and my husband had a gyros deluxe. Both were excellent and made to order. Not much atmosphere in this little strip mall storefront, but who cares when the food is so good. Please visit this neighborhood place so we can keep it going - the neighborhood needs good local places like this, not the big chain restaurants.

Reviewed 17 October 2014

This restaurant has moved to Wadsworth and 20th. The atmosphere isn't great yet, as the restaurant just opened and some things are still being perfected, but in talking to the owner, they're definitely making progress on their vision. The service is fantastic! Our waiter paid attention to everyone who came in whether they ordered or just wanted a menu, and even did some of the cooking. The food came out fairly quickly and was absolutely amazing. We particularly enjoyed the gyros and the chicken kabob. You can either order take out or eat in. You can also order online and pick it up when you're ready.