“Great Pie”

Echo Lake Lodge
Ranked #11 of 36 Restaurants in Idaho Springs
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 August 2016

We stopped by for lunch on our way up to Mount Evans. Good menu, had the Buffalo Chili which was good with a half of sandwich which was ok, nothing special. My wife got the chicken pot pie, which she said was good. Prices were reasonable and the service was very good.
After our trip up Mount Evans we decided to stop back at the Echo Lake Lodge for coffee and pie (as we heard the place was famous for their home made pies). Oh my, on the pie rating I will give this place five stars. My blueberry pie with ice cream was fantastic and my wife said the same thing about her cherry pie. I have had much better lunches but not much better pie.

Reviewed 29 July 2016

late breakfast, Friday
My wife and I head up to Echo Lake & Mt. Evans several times a year. We always
stop in the Lodge to check out the tourist shop (lots of nice t-shirts, etc) and
occasionally have lunch. This time we had breakfast at the very last of the
breakfast hours (11am). We were pleased with our simple pancake, eggs, &
bacon platters. The pancake was dinner-plate size & great; the eggs & bacon
were just ok-skimpy 2 pc bacon. The toast was plentiful but both types--wheat
and rye were dried out.
So, the food alone would only rate this as an average place but the old, comfy
log building, the great view, the entertainment of the hummingbird feeders, and
the friendly, striving waiter move it to very good.
We'll keep stopping and eating here just as we have for quite a few years.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

This is a great place to stop on the way down from Mt. Evans, or after hiking around the lake. Food is decent and reasonably priced at the Lodge. Take the time to walk around the lake and take pictures with Mt. Evans in the background. There are also picnic tables around the lake, but be sure to use the trash bins ir take your trash with you to keep bears away. We came back from a hike, and walking through the picnic area there was a 6-month old cub foraging around tables.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

If you are lucky you will snare a table by a window overlooking the lake; otherwise the carved wooden beams overhead may be an OK substitute. Waiting times between placing an order and receiving the food can be lengthy so don't be in a hurry, especially at the most popular meal times. They will not send you away hungry. An invitation to try a slab of homemade pie is almost sure to be proffered. We were sufficiently full that we declined those very robust servings. There's nowhere else to eat for miles around so they have a monopoly but they haven't abused that advantage by skimping or providing poor food. Not a gourmet option but - especially when combined with a visit to the gift shop - worth a stop when you are peckish.

Reviewed 15 July 2016

We stopped here for a restroom stop but also found a wonderful gift shop and restaurant!
The building is very rustic and the restaurant made you feel like you were stepping back in time a bit, but not in a bad way. Just a simple restaurant with mountain type decor.
We had already had lunch but when we saw the display case of pie we had to give it a try. We had coconut cream and it was delicious!! The server said that the fruit pies are also very popular. The piece we had was huge and I shared it with my husband and daughter. Next time we are in this area we will stop again!