“BEST GREEN CHILI”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2016

What is green chili you ask? Obviously have not spent time in the southwest. You can tell who has traveled/lived in the southwest know and those who have not by trying to describe them this delicacy. Alone or smothering your burrito or eggs. Simply the best. Always a must stop for me in returning home! Keep it up. Don't forget the side door in the morning for the best breakfast burritos!

Reviewed 18 May 2016

Interior décor is subtle but very good when you look closely. A lot of thought has gone into the placement of nothing but green plants. Had not seen this touch before.

Besides that the food is excellent. Our family lived there and come back to visit Grandma - they insist upon Alberto's every trip.

Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

My wife's favorite place, thus I attend voluntarily! Lol Pretty good food, service has always been excellent, and prices are very fair. Try the chimichangas or the chilli rellenos. My wife recommends the enchiladas!

Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

Greeted and seated immediately. Waitress took drink order and returned quickly with chips and table salsa. She allowed us time to peruse the menu and followed up to take the order in reasonable time after refilling iced teas and lemonade for the kids and chips.

Food hit the table 8 and 1/2 minutes after we ordered and yes, I timed it because of reviews I read here.

The table salsa left a little to be desired and was nothing special unfortunately. Although it did have some kick. The smothered burritos need a little more smothered. I ordered the hot green chili and it did have some snort but it wasn't the hottest green chili I have ever had but I am also a fire eater. The burritos were good but not spectacular. We will be returning to try other menu items and I will update review after more visits to keep it honest and accurate.

Service was great and waitress was busy but she had some hop in her step and was very attentive and friendly. I don't know what people were alluding to in previous reviews or if there were some changes made. Will go back.

Reviewed 17 January 2016

USED to LOVE Albertos. We would travel 30 minutes to have a decent burrito with hot green chili. The past two years with management changes have hurt their business. They have raised their prices to ridicules levels, servers are slow and horrible. One night, the ENTIRE COOK STAFF quit! We were waiting 1.5 hours for our food, when one of the waitresses finally told us about the situation. In my opinion, she should have told us the situation immediately, instead of keeping us in the dark with chips and salsa flowing. They were calling emergency cooks to fill the positions, people left without their bills paid. It was a mess! Had we not been completely starving, it being a busy Saturday night and chances of finding a restaurant without a wait (impossible) - we would have left. We just ordered more drinks, and made the best of the situation. HOW DOES AN ENTIRE COOK STAFF QUIT on a busy Saturday night?

Their green chili is quite good - and probably the only thing they have going good for them. Beans are dried out and useless. Rice is also dried out. Salsa tastes like tabasco sauce. They nickel and dime you for every side - like guac / sour cream, tomatoes, cheese and lettuce (which should be included on a deluxe burrito in my opinion).

Having said the above, if you go at lunch time - you should be ok. Expect a wait, pay ridicules prices, pay for every side, and have horrible wait staff.

Been to Alberto's? Share your experiences!