“Ramen, Ramen, Ramen!”

Kuniko's Teriyaki Grill
Ranked #80 of 288 Restaurants in Grand Junction
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

I eat lunch here at least once a month. The food is always good. The place is always clean. The service is friendly and fast. All good reasons to dine at Kuniko's. However, the Ramen is the BEST reason to eat here. There are a few solid options for Ramen in Grand Junction but none as good as Kuniko's. I'm told the other items on the menu are also excellent. Everyone I've dined with has loved it.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

If you see a review dated prior too November 1996, please know that the restaurant had been closed, remodeled and reopened with a new menu.

I miss some of the old dishes (grilled salmon or mackerel plate for instance), but they now have an expanded sushi menu, more ramen and udon.

This is a more traditional Japanese spot. Their menu isn't large but it is good. The service is friendly and accommodating but not necessarily fast. That is fine with me, but you need to know if you are having a work lunch.

The new sushi chef is very good and you can get a good selection of nigiri and maki styles (mostly traditional sushi - not with all the sauces and odd ingredients). They make a nice bento box lunch as well.

Ramen is good and I am a fan of the udon - nice fat noodles in a good broth.

So happy that they have reopened!

1  Thank Rita B
Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

Kunikos is open again and I'm so happy! They had a fire earlier this year and closed, and I was worried they wouldn't re-open. Thank you for staying! The chicken teriyaki is the best and the family who runs this place is awesome!

Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

Some of the best chicken teriyaki I've had! I love that grandma is in the back doing all the cooking.

1  Thank Amy1974
Reviewed 6 October 2016

I don't speak enough Japanese to thank that woman properly. Seriously. Just about the greatest Japanese food I could find this far inland. A friend of mine convinced me to try this (She's Japanese herself and her family always got together for a cultural event every year with the Japanese community in Grand Junction) and I am truly amazed at the experience I had. It feels like a humble little diner on the inside, but it's still quite cute. The menu is completely Japanese and not just the Americanized version of Japanese. They have Ebi Puffs, Katsu-don, Udon, the typical Ramen staple, chilled tofu, and an amazing salmon dish. I've been three times now and continue to be impressed each time I go with the friendliness and the swiftness of Mama-san in the kitchen. I love this place!