“So glad it re-opened!”

Kuniko's Teriyaki Grill
Ranked #80 of 288 Restaurants in Grand Junction
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

Kunikos is open again and I'm so happy! They had a fire earlier this year and closed, and I was worried they wouldn't re-open. Thank you for staying! The chicken teriyaki is the best and the family who runs this place is awesome!

Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

Some of the best chicken teriyaki I've had! I love that grandma is in the back doing all the cooking.

1  Thank Amy1974
Reviewed 6 October 2016

I don't speak enough Japanese to thank that woman properly. Seriously. Just about the greatest Japanese food I could find this far inland. A friend of mine convinced me to try this (She's Japanese herself and her family always got together for a cultural event every year with the Japanese community in Grand Junction) and I am truly amazed at the experience I had. It feels like a humble little diner on the inside, but it's still quite cute. The menu is completely Japanese and not just the Americanized version of Japanese. They have Ebi Puffs, Katsu-don, Udon, the typical Ramen staple, chilled tofu, and an amazing salmon dish. I've been three times now and continue to be impressed each time I go with the friendliness and the swiftness of Mama-san in the kitchen. I love this place!

Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

Whenever I visit Grand Junction this is one of my regular stops. I love the laid back atmosphere, where no one is in a hurry. The waitress is supper friendly and takes care of the whole place, which is about ten tables. The food is yummy and always looks nice. The serving sizes are good and the price is appropriate. Some might consider it a "whole in the wall", but I like the relaxed pace and enjoy visiting and spending time with the folks I come with. You never feel rushed there.

Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

This place is great for real Japanese food (lived in Japan 3+ years) they have good service. It is a nice little place.